Conan the Barbarian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conan the Barbarian

WTF??? This film is 32 years old and I SWEAR I have never seen the scene where he talks about picking berries in the forest with his father 20 years ago. I've just seen it now though. My brain is melting down, somebody tell me this is some extended version I've not seen. I feel kind of cheated, I know every bit of dialogue in this film (there's not much, let's face it), but apparently not.

It's a bit like that Kingdom of Heaven that came out a few years ago, it's an OK film until you see the Director's Cut, then it REALLY makes sense. In fact, after you see the DC, the other version just seems like utter bollocks, you are being cheated out of half the story.

CROM!!!!
    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Wait, Conan picking berries?

Isn't there a mistake in the sound and it actually is " destroying cherries" ?
    "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

I'll just leave this here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOX1C7Kw0jY

Comment

Well, I watched that and then found this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okpByy-F_WA

I knew I hadn't seen it before. I don't know how that version of the film made it to the telly the other night, it seriously fucked my head up, Conan talking about Blueberries...
        So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Well, at least he never ate the blueberries...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4_cf_fZDc0

Comment

What is best in life??

Comment

Originally posted by BLOOD SPLATTER View Post
              What is best in life??
              Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!
              Last edited by ZL1hawk; 07-07-2014, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ZL1hawk View Post
                  Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!
                  No, its Crush your attentuator, crank up your amp, and hear the lamentation of your neighbors. Lol.

Comment

Conan would have to be one of the best action films of that era. Arnold was able to portray a powerful character but a sympathetic one as well with little dialogue and as the OP stated a lot of depth missing in the story. James Earl Jones was awesome as Thulsa Doom.

I have to admit Conan the Destroyer is bad but it's hilarious too. His sidekick and that freak Grace Jones crack me up.

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
                    No, its Crush your attentuator, crank up your amp, and hear the lamentation of your neighbors. Lol.

Haha!

Comment

The 4-hour Dune, or The Abyss. Talk about being cheated with an hour-and-90 cable broadcast.

But yeah, I'm assuming the berry-picking scene was added in later. I recall his dad telling him about steel, and then little Coney comes home from shitting in the woods to see his village pillaged by Darth Vader, Lemmy, and Bruce Dickinson

(in Mako's voice) "Had it not been for the blueberry shits, young Conan would have surely been slaughtered as well."
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

You guys are killing me!

Comment

Yes there was a extended version put out quite a few years ago. 10 or more? This scene was added in. Not much else was changed. It was cut for time originally. I like it. "There is no spring for men like us.." Nice character moment.

Great film.
                          -------------------------
                          Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
                          X