• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC/DC to retire, Malcolm Young Terminally Ill

Sad news I heard today on the radio.

http://m.smh.com.au/entertainment/mu...415-36oc1.html

http://inagist.com/all/455990690863140864/

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...-1226884658411
    Last edited by sixx_ gunner; 04-15-2014, 08:59 AM.

A damn shame if it's true. Hell, they've been rocking the world so long that nobody doesn't know who AC/DC is.
    In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

very sad indeed.

Great picture on that last link

Comment

Well damnit.
        I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

any word on the the "terminally ill" That is not what I heard. I heard he had a stroke and cannot play guitar right now.
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

Yeah, that's what I read too. And the recent updates have seemed to downplay them being at the end of the road. But we'll see..
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Whatever the ailment or affliction, it is very sad news, and will be a great loss to rock music.
              "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Here's another article....

http://theorstrahyun.blogspot.com.au...-2014.html?m=1
                GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Sad news. It doesn't get more rock n roll than AC/DC.
                  96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Malcolm is the soul of that band...speedy recovery

Comment

That sucks. Sure they can go like other bands and replace him, but you just don't replace somone like him.

If his time has come, I hope the band does hang it up.

Comment

Glad to hear they've announced they'll continue on. What a strange couple days for them, the weirdest part being purported friends tripping over themselves to break the news ahead of the band. How unseemly. I'll never understand the attention dramawhore need to be seen as "the guy in the know" that motivates people to violate the privacy of someone in such a way.

What's the point? In the end you just look like a blabber mouth cunt.

Comment

Sad indeed.

Interesting that the blog post claims the secret to his tone was low amp volume & close micing. I had always heard their sound was heavy​ power-tube distortion.

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
                            Sad indeed.

Interesting that the blog post claims the secret to his tone was low amp volume & close micing. I had always heard their sound was heavy​ power-tube distortion.
                            I thought the same thing. I think it should say low amp gain and not volume.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Funny, since I consider AC/DC not having much distortion in their guitartone
                              "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Working...
                              X