Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Im convinced: People just arent honest anymore...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

98 Trans Am - 6.0 LQ4, long tubes, no cats, Magnaflow. My work in progress.
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I seem to have been very fortunate....especially lately.

I have had nothing but good luck, even with people I didn't know or dealt with before.
      Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

its not just you buddy. there must be somethin in the water as of late.

Comment

I blame the economy...people are just worried about getting $ and don't care how. Granted there have always been scumbags ripping people off, but I agree it seems like there are more of them now days.
          I DESPISE ROSEWOOD WITH A PASSION!!!

Comment

human beings are the subject here. human beings are quite flawed. if they're not alcoholics, addicts, liars, greedy, jealous, slippery, downright mean, insecure, whatever, then they're fucked up in some other way. I should know, I've shed a lot of my hangups, it's a work in progress, but if you're looking for a fair deal, humans are quite possibly the last animal you should expect one from. not all, but very many.
            Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by Steel City Psycho View Post
              I blame the economy...people are just worried about getting $ and don't care how. Granted there have always been scumbags ripping people off, but I agree it seems like there are more of them now days.

Yeah, the economy is part of it.
              But I blame the internet, in general, for a lot of our current ills. And unless parents get a grip on the children, it will only get worse with each passing generation.

**for clarity: Its people. Everything is people. The internet is an inanimate object, you can't blame it. Guns. Corporations. Money. You can't blame any of it, its all people. Its how people use the inanimate objects that cause a problem.
              Last edited by pianoguyy; 04-14-2014, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Probably a combination of lots of things. We're not as innocent as we used to be "back in the day". The internet allows you to be anonymous so it's easy to screw people when they're just a screen name. (The ones that screw you with a handshake while looking you in the eye are a whole other animal.) Corporations treat their people like crap . . . maybe people are deciding if they get treated like crap it's ok to treat others like crap. The economy has caused desperation for some who will do anything to make a buck. Drugs can cause the same desperation. Many kids haven't been raised to be accountable or responsible for their actions, let alone taught "do unto others . . . ". There's more of a sense of entitlement today than ever before. The list goes on and on and on . . .

It is bad . . . to the point that I actually notice and appreciate when someone treats me with respect, fairness and integrity, (qualities that used to be normal and the minimum you could expect in dealings with people).

My daughter ran errands with me Saturday. On the way home she asked, "are you proud of me Daddy because I didn't throw a fit in the stores?" I explained that I wasn't proud of her for that because she's knows that fits are unacceptable and by not throwing one she simply behaved the way I've taught and would expect her to behave. I told her she'll never get rewarded for not throwing a fit, but she would certainly get in trouble if she does throw one. And that I was proud of how helpful she was in finding the carrots and scanning our stuff at the self-checkout. She's 4, and I've said from the start she's never too young to learn about responsibility, accountability and respect. I may not be able to fix the world, but I'll be damned if she's going to grow up being part of the problem!

Comment

Integrity is not affected by internet or "old school" dealings. You have it or you don't. I feel we are slipping big-time. People don't think right or wrong anymore...its "so and so is doing it so it must be ok" pathetic. I'm willing to be there are folks on this forum who lie and hid guitar purchases from their wives because you saw some other dude on a guitar forum being openly dishonest about a silly guitar purchase he hides from the wife.

There is only one right, there are no grey areas. It is either honest and true or a flat out lie
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                    Integrity is not affected by internet or "old school" dealings. You have it or you don't.

There is only one right, there are no grey areas. It is either honest and true or a flat out lie
                    well said

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                      Integrity is not affected by internet or "old school" dealings. You have it or you don't. I feel we are slipping big-time. People don't think right or wrong anymore...its "so and so is doing it so it must be ok" pathetic. I'm willing to be there are folks on this forum who lie and hid guitar purchases from their wives because you saw some other dude on a guitar forum being openly dishonest about a silly guitar purchase he hides from the wife.

Now Shawn while I agree with EVERYTHING you've said, I do have a question. If you're wife didn't see this "new" guitar come in, and didn't ask about any "new" guitars. Is it wrong or dishonest to not bring it up? Just curious, not that I've done this, just purely an academic question.
                      "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Working...
                      X