No announcement yet.

Glory hole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indeed. Twisted Sister were cool, too, with Dee being one of the better singers. I was also a fan of Y&T, but like Mike mentioned, Summertime Girls and Dirty Girl just got to be embarrassing and every band started to sound the same and sing about the same crap.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      I liked White Lion and Mike Tramp's voice.
      So YOU'RE the guy that liked Mike Tramp's voice. I thought it was just a myth like dragons and bronze unicorns.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Y&T definitely tried to cash in. Can't say I'd blame them they'd been slogging it out without a break for a long time. It's a shame they had to candy it up to succeed because Meniketti sure could rip.

I've seen Steel Panther live twice. They are all talented musicians and although they do kind of stick to the schtick a little too much for my tastes, they can also bring the rock. I'd like to see them try to release a 'serious' album some day just to see what it's like.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
          So YOU'RE the guy that liked Mike Tramp's voice. I thought it was just a myth like dragons and bronze unicorns.
          IDK, I always thought it was decent, even with his little Danish accent. I also have the three CDs of his band after that called Freak of Nature... they were a more bluesy hard rock/classic rock band.

Comment

Originally posted by Codex View Post
            seen them a year or two ago. good to see live once, but after that it's the same jokes over and over again.
            Absolutely. They play in Vancouver all the time - first time I saw them was awesome. Second time was good. Third time was OK. 4th time I was hoping for some sort of reset but it was just kind of embarrassing. Same jokes, same guitar solo, fewer fans who 'get it' and more bandwaggon people that wouldn't know Poison if they kicked them in the face. Same goes for the music IMO - the first CD was awesome, and I still listen to it a lot. The second one has some good moments, but seems like a formula. And the 3 or 4 songs I've heard of this one are another step down that road. I want to like it, but the joke's run its course IMO. They've become that toe-curling thing where a 'fun' band starts believing it's own hype..
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
              holy fuckin' smokes, camel toe-pac jose' needs a fuckni' intervention! now!!!!
              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

oh yeah, this song sucks by the way. to my ears at least. it just does. that's just me though.
                Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                  holy fuckin' smokes, camel toe-pac jose' needs a fuckni' intervention! now!!!!
                  Maybe I do.

Comment

Working...
                  X