X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory hole

Awesome band, awesome song and fucked up video. LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diYS8jyOcFc

Don't ya just hate living on the east coast. My L.A. friends see them live all the damn time.

Comment

um...wow

Comment

lol

That was truly ...

better than most bands trying to hold onto the 80's...
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

They would be great to see live! just having a good time and playing some great tunes. Their video's are always funny!

Comment

They ARE great to see live- I've seen them 3 times in the last 3 years and they've actually gotten better, IMO, with each show- the addition of chicks showing their hooters on stage certainly helped

But in all seriousness, they are seriously talented musicians with a good, entertaining gimmick and for those of us that still enjoy 80's-esque hair metal, this stuff is the finest of junk food fixes. It could easily hold it's own against most of the music that actually came out in the 80's.

Comment

The reason they've become better is because they are being taken seriously now. They started as a parody and still are, but they are sort of reaching that 'Weird Al' type of parody status where it needs to be good. William Hung (the retarded asian from American Idol) had one album and it was cute to listen to someone so bad. But no one is going to buy it twice. These guys are pretty decent, you just can't walk down the street singing 'come on pretty baby suck my balls all night' the way you can non parody music.

Comment

LOL I've always thought Russ Parrish was a killer guitar player, especially when he was in Rob Halford's Fight, but I just can't bring myself to buy a Steel Panther album. They are a great band and hilarious, though!
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

New album kicks ass and the video is hilarious.

As for the band themselves, most 80's music was funny already but oblivious to itself. These guys just know the score upfront.

Comment

Originally posted by SausageofPower View Post
                    As for the band themselves, most 80's music was funny already but oblivious to itself. These guys just know the score upfront.
                    This is true. I was always more into thrash metal and heavier stuff anyway.

Comment

seen them a year or two ago. good to see live once, but after that it's the same jokes over and over again.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                        This is true. I was always more into thrash metal and heavier stuff anyway.

I don't think the actual 80's glam rockers were that bad. But once 'the machine' started churning out the clones, that's when it became a joke. Dress Pat Boone and Michael Bolton up in leather all you want, it doesn't make them a rocker. No more than I am a country artist just because I work on Nashville.

They offered me the chance to be 'the teenage bon jovi'. They wanted to dress me up and do my hair... Dude, I liked Bon Jovi for the blue collar pop-metal that they did, but that's not me. I was definitely more Poison than Bon Jovi. More sex and party, than tommy and gina. And I don't want to be known as 'the teenage' anything.

It wasn't long after that, Bad 4 Good came out. With the Steve Vai protégé, Thomas McRocklin and that damn red headed brat from when Different Strokes jumped the shark. What you talkin bout, Willis!
                        We see how well that was received.
                        Damn machine produced clones. Any body willing to do anything for a buck.

umm...
                        Sorry. I was reminiscing.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
                          I don't think the actual 80's glam rockers were that bad. But once 'the machine' started churning out the clones, that's when it became a joke. Dress Pat Boone and Michael Bolton up in leather all you want, it doesn't make them a rocker. No more than I am a country artist just because I work on Nashville.

They offered me the chance to be 'the teenage bon jovi'. They wanted to dress me up and do my hair... Dude, I liked Bon Jovi for the blue collar pop-metal that they did, but that's not me. I was definitely more Poison than Bon Jovi. More sex and party, than tommy and gina. And I don't want to be known as 'the teenage' anything.

It wasn't long after that, Bad 4 Good came out. With the Steve Vai protégé, Thomas McRocklin and that damn red headed brat from when Different Strokes jumped the shark. What you talkin bout, Willis!
                          We see how well that was received.
                          Damn machine produced clones. Any body willing to do anything for a buck.

umm...
                          Sorry. I was reminiscing.
                          No, the '80s hair/glam bands weren't all that bad... most were pretty damn good with mediocre singers, though. I was a big Dokken fan, loved George Lynch, liked Don's voice, I liked White Lion and Mike Tramp's voice. I also liked Ratt, Motley Crue, Van Halen and Cinderella, but didn't think any of their singers were all that great, but they made it work in their respective bands. I never really got the whole glam image thing and couldn't understand how chicks got into guys who wore more makeup and looked prettier than them.
                          Bon Jovi is the exception, as he had a little better voice and wrote better tunes, but still not really my thing. And Posion wasn't really all that bad, but then came all the clones who all sounded the same and tried to make a buck, like you said.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
                            I don't think the actual 80's glam rockers were that bad.
                            But they were mostly all that bad. When everyone else hopped onto that bandwagon, it was already a parody of itself.

One of my old bands has been invited to play a throwback show with Y&T in August... and a few of us are starting to prepare in case it does happen. Anyway, that's not the point... Y&T is a perfect example... some of their songs are truly amazing, but I saw them about a year ago and it was great to see them play Black Tiger, Rescue Me, Mean Streak, Forever and a few of their other songs... but it was extremely painful and embarrassing to watch them play Summertime Girls and Dirty Girl. They instantly turned a great show into a parody of itself...

A lot of the songs from most of the 80's bands are horrible like that.
                            Last edited by xenophobe; 04-11-2014, 03:51 PM.
                            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

And I think to go as far as the 'glam rockers' era is stretching it. Twisted Sister, Motley Crue, and Ratt... they all were pre hair/glam metal. But they were definitely part of that original sect that brought in the fad.

Comment

Working...
                              X