New Studio Console

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice work, both are great setups.

Hey, markD...those drums look a lot like my mid 80's Tama Swingstars.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

mudlark - mine are early 80s swingstars. japan made - WAY better than the starter sets today!! good eye!
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Ahh, thought so. I haven't had a single issue with my kit in 25 years of moderate to very heavy use.

Edit; The shells have been problem free, hardware has performed admirably with normal wear/breakage.
        Last edited by Mudlark; 04-05-2014, 01:29 PM.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Kevin, awesome job!! These are the kind of posts that make me want to undertake more home projects, I thoroughly enjoyed the pics and write up.
          Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Wow! That's really cool. Nice work. Go Badgers BTW.

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
              VERY sweet!!! I like the walnut accents.

I had something similar built by a friend of mine. it is a bit more Spartan, but is modular like yours.

That is very nice Mark. I like the way you have the flat space in front of the racks for work area. I wrestled with that actually. My entire house is walnut. Every time I do a project I seem to gravitate towards it without even thinking. It's such a warm wood, and so nice to work with. I have a real nice figured piece of walnut that I am using for my keyboard tray. I still need to install that.
              "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
                Kevin, awesome job!! These are the kind of posts that make me want to undertake more home projects, I thoroughly enjoyed the pics and write up.

Thanks Jay! I wish I had more time to do more of these. I still have that bedroom set on my to do list. I purchased a HVLP sprayer for this project. Best money I've spent in a long time. Saved so much time, and put the finish on so awesome. I figured I'd get a ton of uses out of it. Bedroom set is just one. As you can see in the back drop of some of those pictures, my basement isn't finished yet. I am doing that myself too. I have a lot of cabinets, trim, and doors to make. Lots of projects!
                "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Originally posted by jeff b View Post
                  Wow! That's really cool. Nice work. Go Badgers BTW.
                  Thanks Jeff, and damn the Badgers were close. If only we could have made that free throw!

Comment

What are you thinking Rudy, a solid, figured, hardwood case? That's would be pretty badass!

Comment

Sweet, very nice work. Wish I could do stuff like that!

BTW, Veemagic, I still have that SL2HT Chlorine you sold me. Love it.

Comment

awesome. I just love the walnut accents
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by javert View Post
                          Sweet, very nice work. Wish I could do stuff like that!

BTW, Veemagic, I still have that SL2HT Chlorine you sold me. Love it.
                          Thats awesome Javert! I am so glad she found a good home. I loved that one, but couldn't get used to the volume knob. Kept tripping on it. Everytime I see a soloist, and I think now that one is beautiful, I think about my old chlorine, and remember I had a gorgeous one. The new one won't have a better control layout so I best just move on.

Comment

Thanks Gary. I love walnut too.

Comment

Very sweet brother I'm gonna build a new console based on an Argosy shape in the near future. My old desk still serves me fine,, but I want to to make something new, sleek and refined .

Nice cabinets by the way

MOSHON
                              DAVE
                              "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Originally posted by veemagic View Post
                                What are you thinking Rudy, a solid, figured, hardwood case? That's would be pretty badass!
                                I was thinking of the ATA style case complete with laminate and recessed latches. Something gig worthy, although your hardwood case idea isn't bad either. Just hate to bang that around transporting it to and from gigs.
                                Rudy
                                www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                                X