New Studio Console

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Studio Console

So I finally got off my ass and brought my design to life. I had a little free time and decided it was time to get this project complete. Some of you may remember my Axe Fx rack piece I made a few years back, and I said then I was working on an Argosy type design for my board. Well she is finished and installed. There were a few new challenges, and techniques I had to learn, but all in all I am very pleased with the results. I need to get a couple of power conditioners for each side, and there is plenty of rack space for expansion. On to the pics.
    "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Started out with a template for the sides.

[IMG][/IMG]

Transferred those and made the 4 sides.

[IMG][/IMG]

Wrapped the maple plywood with walnut. The nose piece was a trick.
    Attached Files
    "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Made the first side car.

2 side cars.

Desk filler, top, and arm wrests added.

Comment

Bases added.

Finish applied and armrests padded and wrapped.

Comment

All in and working! From start to finish 2 weeks, and less than $500 in materials and hardware. Some things of note. All armrests can be removed. the center desk pieces can be removed. 22ru in each side car.
          Last edited by veemagic; 04-05-2014, 12:31 AM.

Comment

Wow, nice work.
            I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

THAT is impressive! Great job!

Comment

Oh no, Wilksy Baby is going to cum in his pants. He's going to be delirious for weeks now...
                So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

That's off the chain!

Comment

Awesome work.

Comment

nice work man!
                      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Thanks guys! It's really comfortable, and I really like the angles for the rack gear. The cool thing is if I ever get a different board, all I have to do is change the middle pieces. The length and height, and in can custom fit for just about anything. I don't want to think about changing my board. I absolutely love my SX1. Of course it's been discontinued since 2005, but for me it's perfect.

Comment

VERY sweet!!! I like the walnut accents.

I had something similar built by a friend of mine. it is a bit more Spartan, but is modular like yours.

GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
                            Oh no, Wilksy Baby is going to cum in his pants. He's going to be delirious for weeks now...
                            No he isn't. The desk I'm building is modelled after an Omnirax Coda 2480.
                            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

That's incredibly nice! Do you also build road cases? Perhaps something for a Jackson Rhoads?
                              Rudy
                              www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                              X