Sad news.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad news.....

I just found out Dave Brockie a.k.a Oderus Urungus passed away last night. I was lucky enough to have seen Gwar twice in my lifetime and they didn't disappoint either time. They played great and the shows were very entertaining. R.I.P Oderus.
    This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

I read that earlier. I haven't listened to GWAR in a very long time (I think I only have two of their CDs), but Dave was definitely an interesting guy. Saw GWAR once in the early '90s with White Zombie in NYC, and it was a hell of an amazing show!
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      I read that earlier. I haven't listened to GWAR in a very long time (I think I only have two of their CDs), but Dave was definitely an interesting guy. Saw GWAR once in the early '90s with White Zombie in NYC, and it was a hell of an amazing show!
      That is a killer bill! I saw Gwar with Testament once and that show rocked.
      This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Yeah, both bands were awesome. It had to be '93 or '94 on the LaSexoristo tour. I was real close, and GWAR's use of food coloring to make fake blood and jizz and whatever made everyone look like they just left a battlefield! That stuff actually stained my contacts purple for a couple days, and my white Metallica shirt was camouflaged for awhile.

I would have rather seen Testament than White Zombie, but they were actually very good.

Comment

r.i.p. dave .b. , gwar is cool ! sorry to hear of his passing ! , see ya , alz / 2014

Comment

Yeah Zombie puts on a good stage show but Rob Zombie has one of the most processed voices in rock n roll. I saw them last September at stage A.E. here in Pittsburgh with Megadeth. The show was great but like I said Rob Zombie might as well be lip syncing his voice is so fake sounding.
            Last edited by leftykingv2; 03-24-2014, 09:42 PM.

Comment

This sucks, because GWAR is just not Gwar without Dave...another band gone forever...just like Type O and PanterA...and me personally I think Slayer should call it quits, Jeff wrote the best songs and I've seen them live a few times with Gary and it just does not sound the same...

I haven't really listened to them or bought any albums since Ragnarok, but I had recently been checking out some of the new stuff and planned on seeing them the next time they came around.

I was really into GWAR in my HS/College days. First time I saw them was at Sandcastle Waterpark in Pittsburgh, I was so skinny back then I was crowd surfing, I wore a white T-shirt that was stained with fake blood and jizz and the band came out after without their costumes and I had them all sign it. Saw them in the Strip District in a warehouse with ICP, at the old Metropol with The Misfits. Last time I saw them was here in Jersey in '06 at Starland.

RIP Dave
              I DESPISE ROSEWOOD WITH A PASSION!!!

Comment

I had Gwar at the bar somewhere back around '94-'96. I paid them too much. Not because it wasn't a good night, but because the clean up after the show cost a lot.

Comment

The clean up after a show had to be more insane than the show. That much red fluid had to damage some clubs flooring. It didn't seem to permanently stain clothing though.

Saw them once in Providence, RI. Crazy good time. They've had some line up changes, guys switching instruments, IIRC. This one would be kind of tough though.

RIP Dave/Oderus
                  Any way you could possibly put more shit into your sig?

Comment

Originally posted by Steel City Psycho View Post
                    This sucks, because GWAR is just not Gwar without Dave...another band gone forever...just like Type O and PanterA...and me personally I think Slayer should call it quits, Jeff wrote the best songs and I've seen them live a few times with Gary and it just does not sound the same...

I haven't really listened to them or bought any albums since Ragnarok, but I had recently been checking out some of the new stuff and planned on seeing them the next time they came around.

I was really into GWAR in my HS/College days. First time I saw them was at Sandcastle Waterpark in Pittsburgh, I was so skinny back then I was crowd surfing, I wore a white T-shirt that was stained with fake blood and jizz and the band came out after without their costumes and I had them all sign it. Saw them in the Strip District in a warehouse with ICP, at the old Metropol with The Misfits. Last time I saw them was here in Jersey in '06 at Starland.

RIP Dave
                    I agree Gwar is not Gwar without Dave. He was the last living original member. I also think Slayer should hang it up as well.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                      Yeah, both bands were awesome. It had to be '93 or '94 on the LaSexoristo tour. I was real close, and GWAR's use of food coloring to make fake blood and jizz and whatever made everyone look like they just left a battlefield! That stuff actually stained my contacts purple for a couple days, and my white Metallica shirt was camouflaged for awhile.

I would have rather seen Testament than White Zombie, but they were actually very good.

I heard the blood was fake but that the jizz was real that they used. Sorry.
                      Jackson KV2
                      Jackson KE1T
                      Jackson KE1F
                      Jackson SL1

Comment

Was never into Gwar, but of course knew of them. Saw them once in 99 with The Misfits and Murphy's Law at City Limits in Waterbury. They had to stop the show because someone was letting off a fire extinguisher into the crowd. At first everyone thought it was part of the show, but then they had to stop and turn on the house lights until it was cleared. Was a fun night

Comment

Sad news, they have tons of great songs.
                          When I first heard them in the 80's I was certain they'd soon disappear. Wrong...
                          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Larz View Post
                            I heard the blood was fake but that the jizz was real that they used. Sorry.
                            Oh, is that why it tasted so good?!?

Comment

Lol
                              Jackson KV2
                              Jackson KE1T
                              Jackson KE1F
                              Jackson SL1

Comment

Working...
                              X