Cool piece of artillery.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool piece of artillery.

Stopped by my local cool gun shop today and they had just finished up the paint job.
    Be fun to own something like this.
    Attached Files
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

It's great, after the first shot, you're deaf of course. I don't miss my time in the Army. LOL
    I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Not sure what model of mechanized cannon this is but its pretty slick.
      Not as big as a full sized tank.
      The guy has an old Huey UH 1 B as well.
      Last edited by straycat; 03-23-2014, 01:57 AM.

Comment

Huey's are so badass. One of the most iconic sounds in the world when flying.

Comment

Any idea what this piece is DRM?
          Huey's are pretty cool I agree.

Comment

Let me ask some of the guys at work. One of the history buffs is bound to know.

Comment

Cool I appreciate it.

Comment

That tank looks like an Israeli Merkava to me. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merkava

Comment

The Merkava is way bigger than this one.
                  I'll ask the guy next time I'm at his store.

Comment

Razor you have a good eye it is a scaled down version of a Merkava that was used as a movie prop.
                    V8 engine, headers,big carb to feed it.
                    Everything works turret moves but the gun is non operable.
                    The owner is thinking about turning the gun into a flame thrower just for show.
                    Last edited by straycat; 04-02-2014, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Ha! My brother and his mates own a load of stuff like an Abbott Self-Propelled Gun, Ferrets, Foxes, Scorpions and Scimitars, and they even have a Challenger tank in a barn somewhere. My bro loves his Striker (mobile missile launcher), we were sitting aound in it one day drinking beer (as you do) when some bloke sidled up and said he used to work at BAE and wanted to know if we wanted some dummy missiles for it, better than the ones bro had knocked up for illustration purposes...

I'll post pics of them zooming round villages in convoy...
                      So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                        Razor you have a good eye it is a scaled down version of a Merkava that was used as a movie prop.
                        V8 engine, headers,big carb to feed it.
                        Everything works turret moves but the gun is non operable.
                        The owner is thinking about turning the gun into a flame thrower just for show.
                        That's cool as hell, and thanks for the props on me getting something right for once.

Comment

Working...
                        X