• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of guns

Got these two recently.
    1956 Tula arsenal Russian SKS
    1975 Browning Hi Power.
    Got to meet Hickok 45 of You Tube fame the other day too, cool guy.
    Attached Files
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Nice Hi Power. My friend's dad used to keep one in a hollowed out book.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Congrats Straycat. The Browning Hi Power is on my list of guns to acquire some day. Very comfortable grip. I've seen some of Hickock's YouTube videos, quite entertaining
      Rudy
      www.metalinc.net

Comment

The hi power is a fantastic feeling gun.Quality throughout.
        The ergonomics is what sold me on them years ago.
        The first gun to have a double stacked magazine too and that was in 1935.
        I missed out on a 54 model with a bobbed hammer but this 75 is just fine with me.
        Shot it again today at an indoor range and was very pleased with it.
        The range master asked if he could have a try because he had never shot one.He loved it too.
        Glad I was fortunate to find an older one.

Comment

The Hi-Power is to Europe what the 1911 is to us Americans. Excellent fit and finish... and an older one. Very nice!
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I need to get some pics of my recently acquired toys.

Here's my two "go everywhere with me" pieces...nothing beats a good rifle and a good knife.

Comment

Sweet Knife and rifle DRM good to see you posting as well.

Comment

Nice finds straycat! That Hi Power is dead sexy!!!

In case you missed it, I posted this one recently.

http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/142...y-Sniper-Rifle

Comment

I did miss that post sorry, you did a great job on it.

Comment

Was at Bud's gun shop the other day and picked up this low new buck 1911.
                    Had a WWII Remington Rand 1911 years ago as a collector piece and never shot it.
                    Found this Tisas 1911 for a killer price and it shoots great and pretty damn accurate too.
                    Thought about the enhanced version but I don't care for ambi safeties all that much.
                    The trigger is pretty good actually no gritty feeling and I'd say its a 4- 5 pound trigger.Fit and finish are very very nice and the slide to frame fit is perfect no slop up or down or side to side.
                    Came with a nice plastic case with cleaning tools.Lifetime warranty as well.
                    They were blowing these out for 319.00 so out the door with a box of PMC 45ACP for $364.00 and thats including tax.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by straycat; 03-20-2014, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                      Was at Bud's gun shop the other day and picked up this low new buck 1911.
                      Had a WWII Remington Rand 1911 years ago as a collector piece and never shot it.
                      Found this Tisas 1911 for a killer price and it shoots great and pretty damn accurate too.
                      Thought about the enhanced version but I don't care for ambi safeties all that much.
                      The trigger is pretty good actually no gritty feeling and I'd say its a 4- 5 pound trigger.Fit and finish are very very nice and the slide to frame fit is perfect no slop up or down or side to side.
                      Came with a nice plastic case with cleaning tools.Lifetime warranty as well.
                      They were blowing these out for 319.00 so out the door with a box of PMC 45ACP for $364.00 and thats including tax.
                      That's a damn good deal and nice 1911 too, especially for the money! If I had a shop around here selling a 1911 for $319.00 I'd be on it like white on rice!

Comment

Bud'sgunshop.com is their site go check it out.
                        A screaming deal IMO.

Comment

You know, it's funny. 1911's are just like guitars. You gotta know who the actual manufacturer is and learn who the good ones are. You've got a couple biggies in the Philappines(Armscor and S.A.M.), a couple in Turkey, etc. and your high dollar customs made in the USA. I've been super impressed with the Rock Island 1911's from Armscor. To me, Armscor = World Guitars Korea.

Comment

Working...
                          X