No announcement yet.

Malware on the JCF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got it again today. And, yep, the "clean master" ad was at the bottom of the page then.

These ads are f'n BS. Why am I paying for a platinum membership here, if I'm subjected to scam ads? Don't think I'll be re - upping. Really disappointing.

Comment

Now I'm getting a "speed up your phone" pop up, too. Ad at bottom of page is for "Du Speed Booster" Must be the same slime ball outfit.

This is pathetic.

Comment

The ads should stay in their sandbox down at the bottom of the page. Their arrangement with the JCF shouldn't allow them to pop dialogs under any circumstances.

Comment

If you're seeing ads other than the dealer banners, it's either being loaded by someone's linked avatar or the software being used to generate the mobile version of the site (if there even is one?) or some other general-purpose forum software you're running (Tapatalk, etc).

I haven't been to the site on my phone in ages (text is too small) so I don't know if they ever did a mobile version, however.
          If not, then it's coming from a linked avatar pic.

Disable images and see if that helps.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
            If you're seeing ads other than the dealer banners, it's either being loaded by someone's linked avatar or the software being used to generate the mobile version of the site (if there even is one?) or some other general-purpose forum software you're running (Tapatalk, etc).
            What makes you say that? I'm seeing Scotts Lawn Service today, and recall seeing Amazon a few days ago (running Google Chrome on Win 7 64-bit)

Comment

If you guys had real phones like an iPhone you wouldn't have these problems.

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I have both. And, oh yes, Apple hasn't put out like - what? - five iOs updates in the last couple of months to fix security flaws. So they're clearly superior. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                  What makes you say that? I'm seeing Scotts Lawn Service today, and recall seeing Amazon a few days ago (running Google Chrome on Win 7 64-bit)
                  Free image-hosting sites that allow direct-linking of images do not get traffic directly to their site when those images are viewed here, and thus their ads on their site are not seen here. However, when you open a page that contains an image hosted by their site, it has to pass through a script function on their end to display the picture. That script can trigger either a popup or a search-and-replace function in the temporary page that loads into your cache so that their ads are displayed rather than those of the page you're viewing.

As well, Google pays for many ad-blockers to whitesheet their ad content, and if you're using an Android device (Google OS) or Chrome (Google software), you've basically asked them to spam you with ads.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I still see similar ads at the bottom of the page when using my iPad or iPhone. So the ads aren't a google thing. They're a part of the JCF website itself, probably generating revenue for the owner and/or web host service.

Comment

Working...
                    X