Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Pete/OklaStrat/TwisterAmps still around?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
    Is my sarcasm radar™ giving a false alert?

For all I know, he dropped off the MTS forum leaving behind a few disgruntled dealings

No it wasn't meant to be sarcastic, sorry if it appeared that way. Pete's a talented guy all around. He's one of those guys that just makes it look easy all the time and it impresses me..
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
      Is my sarcasm radar™ giving a false alert?

For all I know, he dropped off the MTS forum leaving behind a few disgruntled dealings
      Yup, I did have a pissed off guy on the MTS forum who emailed me (around the same time as my dad was either fighting lung cancer or lost the fight, it's been a few years) and since I didn't reply to his email with amazing speed and alacrity he went after me on the MTS board. I contacted him personally, posted my current email address on the thread he was flaming me on and invited anyone who had any issues with me to contact me so I could get them resolved. The pissed off MTS guy was taken care of and I got tired of the MTS modding stuff anyways - one of the big modders at the time was a client of mine who copied several of my mods (yes, I also have emails from this guy asking for help on some mods for his personal use only, then he started his own modding business. Gotta love it when you help shoot yourself). I got tired of getting pissed off about it and to be honest, dealing at the time with Probate and my dad's estate took up a lot of my free time since my mom had passed away about a decade earlier and it was up to me and my sisters to make sense of the will and such.

So yeah, I did quit getting on the MTS board since I wasn't really into mods that much anymore and didn't have much to add to the discussion. My email hasn't changed for close to 15 years now, so I don't really think I've exactly been hiding in the shadows with ill gained MTS profits, drinking beverages on the beach and planning my next Evil Deed.

Don't really do much of the Jackson/Charvel thing like I used to, fell under the siren spell of Tom Anderson guitars and (forgive me Sully) PRS. Still have a few Jacksons here and there, but I'm not as Jackson-obsessed like I used to be. So I'm not here much either. You know, more disgruntled dealings and such.

Built a few amps here and there, might get back into it as my day job is minimal compared to how it was a few years ago. Currently selling Kemper Profiles at www.petesprofiles.weebly.com of many amps in my collection. Kemper is a crazy cool piece of gear. Smokes the Axe FX stuff in my opinion and yes, I A/B'd my Kemper and an Axe II over a year ago, but of course the Axe FX gets 'realer' with each update while the Kemper just got it right the first time.

Comment

Also, thanks for the kind words from my friends here. Shawn, next time I'm in your neck of the woods I can bring the Kemper over and you can check out it's digital goodness. Sully recorded a pretty cool cover of Calling Doctor Love from KISS with it when he was over last week. Here it is...

https://soundcloud.com/jon-sullivan-...e-ace-replaced

Comment

Hi, Pete! Nice to see you.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps View Post
            I don't really think I've exactly been hiding in the shadows with ill gained MTS profits, drinking beverages on the beach and planning my next Evil Deed.
            that does sound pretty good though
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Heya Pete! Sorry to hear about the MTS guy ripping off your stuff. My brother had a similar situation some years ago where the guy who financed his Mardi Gras posters pocketed $300K, while my brother got a measly 10%.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Pete,

I'm always a day behind you. I likely got into MTS stuff as you were leaving. If you say the Kemper stuff is good I trust your word!

Comment

Pete! I am glad to see you're still doing well! I learned a ton of stuff from your posts back in the day. Keep fightin the good fight!

Comment

Working...
                  X