Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Pete/OklaStrat/TwisterAmps still around?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Pete/OklaStrat/TwisterAmps still around?

I always hate asking this question of anyone - tends to be a downer when you find out "Oh, didn't you hear? He passed away some time ago." or some such, but it's easy for me to lose track of folks

Anyway, I was poking through my closet some months ago and ran across the TwisterAmps prototype I got from him back in 03. Just wondered if he was still around, doing the booteek amp thang.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Last I saw he was on th Randall MTS forum when I was into them a year ago . Or maybe 2 time is going faster as I get older.

Comment

Dunno, he did the Randal MTS modding for a while, but haven't seen anything from him for a few years now
      "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Pete is doing fine. He's on facebook on a fairly regular basis. I also see him on Rig-Talk a bunch too.
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Cool. Good to know he ain't dead
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Yeah he's on FB all the time reminding us how good he really is ..
            Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

I think he left the MTS stuff and moved on to that sampling amp .... starts with a K, Kimba? I can't remember the name.

Comment

Kemper?
                I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

yeah the Kemper and he makes me want one. He has a bunch of killer tube amps and he profiles them (and others) and puts them out there. They sound VERY convincing to my ears but would love to play one to see how it reacts to my technique. The thought of profiling all 5 of my amps into one portable unit is cool as hell.
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

Pete was always on the cutting edge...

Comment

Originally posted by ~K~ View Post
                      Yeah he's on FB all the time reminding us how good he really is ..
                      Originally posted by DonP View Post
                      Pete was always on the cutting edge...
                      Is my sarcasm radar™ giving a false alert?

For all I know, he dropped off the MTS forum leaving behind a few disgruntled dealings
                      "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

A great player too.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
                          Is my sarcasm radar™ giving a false alert?

For all I know, he dropped off the MTS forum leaving behind a few disgruntled dealings
                          Got me. I never dealt with him.

Comment

Spent a few days with ol' Petey last week. He's around!

Sully
                            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                            Sully Guitars on Facebook
                            Sully Guitars on Google+
                            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Glad to hear, Sully. As I said, I lose touch for months on end and when I finally remember someone, they're dead. Kinda puts a damper on things

What's worse, I'm the same way with relatives. I haven't been to a family reunion in maybe 10 years. Whenever I do go, I invariably ask "where's <insert name>?" and get blank stares. "Umm, we buried him. 5 years ago."

Comment

Working...
                              X