Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NLD ~ Demartini style snakeskin

NLD ~ Demartini style snakeskin

Sure I know it's MIC, some of you guys swear by the American models only. Even with the 'lower' quality hardware I was pleasantly surprised at the great action of the thumb wheel straight from the factory! The heat shield radius was a perfect fit, for an import. It was really hard to capture the finish just right on my cell phone, it's raining right now or I would have taken it outside for a better pic... I haven't had a chance to take it apart yet, but I'm pretty sure it has the original flint in it still!!!! I wasn't crazy about the butane actuator being stock red , but I've already been looking at some after market parts to replace it.

I don't know if it was the shop I was at or if it's a bigger problem, but I really had to look at the finish work closely because some of them were scuffed up and had some light swirl marks on them. I thought to myself that might be from being floor models(and they were still trying to sell them as new). The wait time wasn't too bad, just some folks getting endless lottery in front of me. Still it could have been quicker.

Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Needs a floyd!

Comment

That's hot!
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I bought two fakes back in 2001 that were presented to me as originals. PM me Jay, maybe we can do a deal where the parts on mine can help you out. In the end, they do still light narcotics and cigarettes very well, fake or not.
        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

are you aware that you bought you a Chinese knockoff? Its a FAKE! LOL
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

So it's a MiC BiC?

Comment

what do you use to clean those? Lemon oil?
              Hail yesterday

Comment

I would flick that Bic
                I like black and white guitars

Comment

I bet you can really see the flame on that top when held properly.
                  Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

No case? What year was it made? SN? Post some clips!! Happy NLD!! I have GAS (or is it now butane?) for one now!!

Comment

That thing really makes me want to Lay it Down.

Like right now.
                      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                        I bought two fakes back in 2001 that were presented to me as originals. PM me Jay, maybe we can do a deal where the parts on mine can help you out. In the end, they do still light narcotics and cigarettes very well, fake or not.
                        Pm sent Tommy, I'm still on the fence about customizing it. We haven't bonded completely just yet and that may effect resale value?

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                        are you aware that you bought you a Chinese knockoff? Its a FAKE! LOL
                        Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                        So it's a MiC BiC?
                        Originally posted by jeff b View Post
                        No case? What year was it made? SN? Post some clips!! Happy NLD!! I have GAS (or is it now butane?) for one now!!
                        I spent a while last night trying to find out the history of her, but it seems like the original factory's records were burned in a freak accident right before they moved. I mean sure it's stamped MIC on the bottom, but I've been reading that a lot of extra stamps made the move from the original factory in Oun-Hung-Lo to their newer Indonesian plant.

I sent an email to the original plant and only got this response:

Meester Jayster,

Much and many thanks for interest recent in your product of choice, not any records still ok. Bad fire bigly records destroy. Some peoples many have informations about your product of choice onlines.

Very much thanks

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                        what do you use to clean those? Lemon oil?
                        I use a special blend of lemon oil, mixed with heated linseed oil(and always add a walnut, something about it adds a healthy shine that you just can't get without adding the walnut). Then after the letting it soak into the finish for about 15 minutes wipe it down with a special micro fiber cloth made from unicorn skin, they're kind of hard to find - but well worth it!!! Nothing else comes anywhere near as silky smooth...

Originally posted by Jack The Riffer View Post
                        I bet you can really see the flame on that top when held properly.
                        You wouldn't believe how much, it's just so hard to capture it with my cell phone. I'm going to go over to a friends later today or maybe this weekend or next weekend and he's got a REALLY good camera, so I'm sure that I can capture the subtle way the finish pops with his super great camera!!!!
                        Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

my fakes were done so well that you could really fool yourself into thinking they were real. you know how? here's how, even in driving hurricane winds or tropical rain, weenie shrinking cold, gross sticky east coast heat, in between buildings in New York city on a windy day, in a Florida monsoon, it will deliver a flame in order to dullen your senses with any hard illicit street narcotic, joint or cigarette that requires fire to move forward with the cause. they're unreal knockoffs, it's embarrassing buying fakes, but sometimes one can get lucky with a san dimas lighter that does what it represents itself to do! lots of loose flints out there to fake lighters with people, be careful, if anyone wants, I have a list of smoke shops and pawn shops guilty of aforementioned duplications.
                          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Working...
                          X