Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A great thrash record done with Jackson guitars...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A great thrash record done with Jackson guitars...

This is one of my all time favorite albums. There's not a bad song on it in my opinion.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLfX9k_ddT8
    This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Click image for larger version

Name:	23973705_zps0cc84fcc.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	2447542

Comment

A fantastic album!!! I saw the anniversary tour where they played it start to finnish, Broderick is a beast but there were a few spots in the solos where he sounded unconvincing. Still an awesome show, Slayer and Exodus opened... Good times!
      Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Rust In Peace is a masterpiece and easily one of my favorite albums of all time. I saw Megadeth open for Dio on the So Far, So Good, So What tour and at the Clash of the Titans and Mustaine really impressed the hell out of me each time.

Not off Rust, but one of my favorite live videos:

Comment

And this is a much better thrash album made with Jacksons:

Bay Area Thrash FTW

These guys smoked every SF Bay Area thrash band live... Testament, Exodus, Death Angel, etc... made them all look kinda silly. Testament always had the most violent pits though... even more violent than Vio-lence and Exodus, who often played together.

They were about as good as Dark Angel live... Every time I saw Dark Angel, was pretty amazing... but Dark Angel was LA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UoxlFmSrF0
          Last edited by xenophobe; 02-12-2014, 09:06 PM.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Meh on the Vio-lence. Not a fan of the Bob Dylan read-along vocal style. It doesn't have to be opera, so long as it's not a grocery list.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post

Bay Area Thrash FTW

These guys smoked every SF Bay Area thrash band live... Testament, Exodus, Death Angel, etc... made them all look kinda silly. Testament always had the most violent pits though... even more violent than Vio-lence and Exodus, who often played together.

They were about as good as Dark Angel live... Every time I saw Dark Angel, was pretty amazing... but Dark Angel was LA.

Funny you mention this album as I've been listening to it quite a lot this past week, saw them open for Testament with Nuclear Assault way back when - great band.

Comment

I had that Vio-lence album, listened maybe 2-3 times.
                Wore out Death Angel's Act III and Testament's New Order
                Any way you could possibly put more shit into your sig?

Comment

I was/am a fan of early Vio-lence, but yeah, the vocal style is definitely unique for metal. I remember my roommate (not a metal fan) flat out telling me that his singing is really annoying! Sometimes, I agree, great guitars though.
                  "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post

Bay Area Thrash FTW

Brings back memories of "The Living Room" in Providence RI. I saw Testament and M.O.D. there with Flotsam and Jetsam all on the same bill. was EASILY the most violent pit I'd ever been involved with. Never had so much fun getting my ass kicked and returning the favor to other willing participants!
                    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Vio-lence was SF Bay Area's last real contender before Thrash died. If they would have released Eternal Nightmare a couple years earlier, they would be headlining world tours to this day. You could just tell. Well, they pretty much did later as Machine Head. They still had that magic. Even when they did decade-later reunion shows, they always sell out. That was pretty much during the time span Jim Nady decided to be an ass, well, even more of one and closed shop and moved to Florida. That's when the Death Metal scene was born, after he successfully killed off the SFBA thrash scene.

Violence absolutely smoked every band they ever played with... Rob and Phil when they were young and hungry.... a year before they were even signed.... that's including many shows with Exodus, Anthrax, and a bunch of other awesome bands nobody outside the bay area ever heard about. They really had that live magic like most bands can't imagine having.

Yeah, for some reason, Testament was the most violent pits... way more violent than when Exodus first hit the scene a generation earlier. Those shows were incredibly brutal too... the likes of which nobody had really ever seen before. It made hardcore punker slam dancing look childish. And I've been to a couple of hardcore Black Flag, DK, Excited shows in 79-80 as a kid when they played our local college.

Death Angel were a bunch of teens who worked on their first album to perfection for 7 years... and every album after paled in comparison. Had a few instances with them, but overall they were pretty cool I guess. A few of them were always in the pit. At least Epidemic didn't release their demo as their first Studio album. That's the only hometown thrash act that ever got signed... though there were two others that got really close. A band I was later in Lethal Creed/Forced Psychosis who had battled with Forbidden Evil for a contract and lost... They actually had the contract but never signed... and I can't remember... a band from the local pizzeria... they were pretty big locally too, but had way too much drama for a label to sign.

I had my colors and my armor, you better wear armor you fucking fool, lol... I always had my spot reserved and unchallenged. For years.

I grew up at the right time and place and consider myself extremely lucky... I've seen all the local bands dozens of times.... would follow them around club to club when they did the local circuits. Saw Testament when they were The Legacy a bunch of times before they were signed... same with Forbidden Evil, Exodus and a bunch of other times... Pantera when they were still road warrior rock in spandex... and a lot of the LA bands would come up and play 3-4 shows a month at various clubs here. Of course I saw Slayer... 2 to 3 times for each of their tours going back to Haunting The Chapel... same with Megadeth for their first few albums. Wake Up Dead on it's first tour was freaking brilliant.

Makes me wish I could go back in time and remember all the shows that I've completely forgotten about.

Even the European bands were coming here a lot... I saw Destruction, Kreator and Accept probably a half dozen times each back in the day.

I think I got to see Dark Angel about a half dozen times before they broke up. That was Gene's best band, IMO. Only got to see Chuck Schuldiner 4 or 5 times... even back then Death was world touring so they didn't get to stop by so often.

*in case nobody knows, Jim Nady owned several of the biggest clubs responsible for most of the Bay Area scene... when he decided to move, he shut down operations and all of the lease contracts stated that the venue could not have live music. So that killed The Stone, Keystone Palo Alto and the Omni, if I remember correctly... and another club or two I think. The Stone sat unoccupied for nearly a decade as a reminder that an incredibly butthurt Jim Nady didn't want the legendary venue to operate. Sad and pathetic.
                      Last edited by xenophobe; 02-13-2014, 11:28 PM.
                      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                      X