Pretty legit place to get guitars dirt cheap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty legit place to get guitars dirt cheap

My mom use to use it to get coach purses and other good cheap stuff. I ran across a jackson preformer and an older charvel bass a while back and ended up buying them got them both for $78. Sometimes they have good stuff sometimes not so much. Just checked it and theres some good stuff on there in the musical insturments section. Anyway check it out you might find something good.

Shopgoodwill.com
    You cannot kill the metal! The metal will live on!

did you see the Kramer that was made in 1964

Comment

Lolz

Comment

Probably custom shop

Comment

You'd be surprised what people "throw away". I used to work for a place like that, on the trucks that collected the donations. A lot of people "donate" absolute garbage, and others gave away Gramma's antiques - like Depression glass, first-edition classic literature, half-decent-but-still-old guitars, 10 years of Playboy in mint condition. Never saw a Les Paul, but there were always "the stories".
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

My idiot brother in law (he's been disavowed from the family, so now he is just some guy I once knew) worked at one. Not a goodwill, but not a local single-store charity place either.
            The policy there was:
            If you see something you want, take it. We have too much stuff. And there are certain things that our customer base does not have the time/money/space for. But make sure you take it before we put it into inventory.

I know the stuff that he brought home, I can only imagine what others did too.

And today with the internet. Places like CL. I can only imagine how many people are taking stuff, and instead of keeping it, they sell it.

Comment

There's a Jackson RR V on there with hardshell case for $50

Comment

Originally posted by outlawten5 View Post
                There's a Jackson RR V on there with hardshell case for $50

1. local pickup only. no shipping.
                2. cheap model. you'll only get $100-150 on CL. Probably make more selling the trem and case separately.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                  You'd be surprised what people "throw away". I used to work for a place like that, on the trucks that collected the donations. A lot of people "donate" absolute garbage, and others gave away Gramma's antiques - like Depression glass, first-edition classic literature, half-decent-but-still-old guitars, 10 years of Playboy in mint condition. Never saw a Les Paul, but there were always "the stories".

In all fairness I can understand why someone would consider a Performer to be a throw-away

Comment

I was thinking the case was the only thing of value

Comment

I love the phrase "pretty legit". Almost legit, but not quite there.

Comment

genuine imitation

Comment

I have snagged lots of guitars at the Goodwill about a mile away.
                          Its in a ritzy neighborhood so some of the stuff is really nice.
                          I buy silver flatware, collectible glass,1920's vintage bead purses,vintage clothes from the 20's thru the 50's,old pedal cars and vintage art.
                          If you know what you are looking for you can flip the stuff for good money.
                          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                          X