Power's out here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power's out here

Been out for almost 12 hours. They say there are 2 areas they can't get to until morning, and I'm apparently in one of those areas. 32 degrees now, ice on trees and power lines, generator can only manage a couple of small heaters. Probably gonna have to hit WalMart to build a couple of those candle heaters Straycat posted the other day. Sucks, too, cuz it's my day off. Power should be back on just in time to go to work tomorrow
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Plug the JCM 800 into the generator and crank that fucker up. That will throw off some heat!
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

For like 3 seconds, then the generator shorts out from overload
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

My cable is out.
        No tv. No internet.

But, its almost 4am. There's nothing on tv, and i can surf on my phone.

Comment

The same storm just moved in here an hour ago. We could be in for 8-12 inches of white shit.
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

My power went out when it was -9. That was scary because you didn't know if the house, pipes and everything were going to freeze. Luckily it was only a 4 hour outage.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
              We could be in for 8-12 inches of white shit.
              That's the kind of party I like...
              So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

I have white shit in my yard too. Why does dog shit turn white after 2 days?

Comment

Ha! I meant snow not blow.
                  Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
                  That's the kind of party I like...
                  96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                    Ha! I meant snow not blow.
                    I don't think he meant blow or snow...
                    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I'm not gonna' ask and I don't want to know. lol

Comment

You are correct.
                        I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

I had a buddy that told me when the power goes out he just sits there and jacks off the whole time.
                          This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Well, it finally came back on Wednesday evening. 24 hours of freezing and waiting for the power company to do their thang. I better not see another Duracell commercial of linemen working through the night to fix downed power lines, cuz ours gave up at dark.

Comment

Glad to hear you're back in the heat Newc.
                              I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Working...
                              X