Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have to learn two songs for a gig, by tonight...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Larz View Post
    Good luck!

If all else fails, throw in a few kicks and and Kip Winger poses and nobody will know the difference.
    ..well played sir !

Comment

I had to learn four brand-new songs i hadn't heard before in a week before travelling to another country for rehearsals with my Death Metal band and managed to pull it off, i think you can manage to learn a couple of easy songs. Don't worry about tone, when you're playing with someone else's backline the general rule is to wing it the best you can on the night.
      It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
      ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Quite frankly, you're lucky that they are easy songs and songs you've been exposed to for 30 years.
        You could have been asked to play with Stevie Nicks and had to learn songs from her unreleased album.

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
          Hey, at least the songs aren't Cliffs of Dover and Opus Suite Trilogy 5.
          You've got one day to learn CoD and TSO5....GO!!

Chris Broderick could do it. That dude is like a player piano for tricky guitar parts.

Comment

That's the one good thing about GIT - aging Metal bands now have a pool of qualified session players to choose from
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

so.....how did it go?
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
              X