Merry Christmas!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merry Christmas everybody.
    I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Merry Christmas everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by ginsambo View Post
        Ah...the new religion of the invading Roman Legions which signalled the start of the decline for this fair isle. First it was the Romans and then the Normans and now we still live, enslaved in serfdom under their Queen and their laws with our land and rights taken from us. I don't see it as something to celebrate. But it's a time to drop the cynicism for a change and be happy and giving. Why are these people Catholic when Jesus was a Jew? And why are there so many low quality sentimental straight to TV movies on this day? Many Questions about this new religion. Merry Christmas! Especially to those underwater metaphorically or literally.
        Damn bro! I was just trying to wish everyone a good day and hoping everyone enjoyed themselves. You know a lot of people rarely get a day off and time to spend with their loved ones or their loved guitars! Take it how ever you want but just be happy you have the day off and you're alive bro. God Bless you whatever you believe in. By the way I was raised Catholic. Benefits/drawbacks of being born into a 100% Irish family.
        Last edited by leftykingv2; 12-26-2013, 12:56 AM.
        This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by ginsambo View Post
          Ah...the new religion of the invading Roman Legions which signalled the start of the decline for this fair isle. First it was the Romans and then the Normans and now we still live, enslaved in serfdom under their Queen and their laws with our land and rights taken from us. I don't see it as something to celebrate. But it's a time to drop the cynicism for a change and be happy and giving. Why are these people Catholic when Jesus was a Jew? And why are there so many low quality sentimental straight to TV movies on this day? Many Questions about this new religion. Merry Christmas! Especially to those underwater metaphorically or literally.
          WTF dude, can't you just take the Merry Christmas and be on your way. If you don't believe in it no biggie but fuck...it must be miserable to walk around life looking for shit complain or be offended by.
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

Fecking hell Shawn calm down, I was just joking really, BTW, I think you kind of just somehow managed to contradict yourself by that statement. lol. I think what I said got lost in translation buy the oceanic cultural divide. Sorry if it offended you dude. I mean for nothing but love and goodwill. It's sad state that Christmas Day is now the only official day off. Be nice to go back to having the whole weekend off and Sunday and Wednesday afternoon closing if you ask me, I fondly remember those times from when I was a kid. Best of love to those who managed to get the day off or not and be with family on this boxing day and thank you for all the stuff you've all posted on here.
            You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

He he, America doesn't grind to a halt for up to 2 weeks around Christmas like here (and they don't have a Boxing Day). I'm on the piss until 6th January, like everyone else. Can't beat 'em, join 'em.
              So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

It would be nice if America ground to a halt for Christmas time, and it wouldn't hurt for Sundays to go back to "the day of rest" day either if you ask me. We're always going here and there, and frankly I don't think America takes enough time out for what matters; family and friends. I didn't realize that the other side of the world ground to a halt, and actually celebrated Christmas time like that.

Comment

Oh yes, lots of firms shut down on Christmas Eve and don't go back until Jan 2nd. If the 2nd falls on a Friday, forget it until Jan 6th. Like I said above, many people I deal with won't be back in the office until the 6th this time, they didn't bother opening today, then there's all the New Year sobering up time next week to come. (I'm self-employed, I don't work, I don't get paid, so I'll be back at the coal face before then, but no point in me trying to order anything in a hurry).

Sundays, I believe should be sacred. Not because of religious reasons, but because families need the time together, and we all need time to recharge.

France is great like that - if you haven't got a pint of milk or a few bits to eat before Sunday morning, tough tits, you will be out of luck. The local shop might be open for a couple of hours in the morning, but EVERYTHING else is shut. No garden centres, no furniture shops, no car dealerships, nothing.

OK, it's fucking frustrating to be looking for a petrol station so you can get back to the ferry home, or NEED some hangover cures, but that country really has discipline and solidarity - there will be no huge chains sneaking open for a few hours on a Sunday, and then it getting to be a few hours more...then some more...

I know that over here it wouldn't last 2 weeks before some greedy cunts like Tesco decided they were opening all day Sunday, and the others would follow suit. Luckily we have just a shred of protection in the Sunday Trading Law, which restricts opening hours, but you just know that the greedy fat cats are lobbying hard for that to be repealed.

The French people I met nearly fell over when I told them that we have loads of 24 hour supermarkets in towns everywhere, all with self-service checkouts and the rest of the staff stocking shelves after 9pm-ish with a few to assist with checkout problems. Great if you need to get something at 2am, not so great if you're the poor fucker trying to help a drunken twat like me find the barcode on a Pot Noodle.

I know we'd all live longer if we didn't have such a "convenient" society with everything on hand all the time. There is always the flip-side of someone else suffering health problems and family strife, just to make it easy for me to shop 24/7.

Erm, oh, by the way MERRY FUCKING CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR to one and all.
                  BTW, anyone seen my Death Metal Cupcake? I've been wandering around with this mistletoe attached to my belt for days and it's beginning to smell...(and the mistletoe)
                  So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
                    just to make it easy for me to shop 24/7.
                    Personally, I've never understood this. Spending most of my teen years in the bible belt. They had Sunday alcohol sales restricted, meaning from Sat @ midnight untill Monday morning @ 7am you could not buy beer/wine/liqour. This seemed absolutely ridiculous to me, because anyone with the brain power of a 5 year old would realize hey buy your shit ahead of time. If you lacked this amazing ability to see into the future, you either deserved to pay the boot legger's fees or go out to a bar/ restaurant to drink.... This law has finally been changed in the last few years.

The fact of how I see it, the only thing that should be 24 hours a day is the emergency room...

Cheers and back to your regularly scheduled Christmas thread
                    Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Working...
                    X