Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother F$%^&* Ants !!!!!

Mother F$%^&* Ants !!!!!

Having moved in the new place last August, we're really just getting to know the little things about the house. The first couple of months were scorpions, nothing crazy about 15-20 in 2 months. After getting some advice from a friend, I spread DE all around the perimeter of the house(and only had 2 more after that). Well fast forward to the week of Thanksgiving, which my MIL volunteered to be at my house(for approx 40 people(family)). The beginning of the week we were F#$%&G INVADED by ants. I don't mean a few had gotten into the house. I mean hundreds at a time and they came in waves like kamikazes on pearl harbor.

First it was inside our pantry(which is in the center of the house(no sides of it are adjoining exterior walls by at least 10' in every direction). Well after taking everything out of it, killing/cleaning then restocking. It would happen again and again, and again. Then these little assholes began getting in my cupboards by the stove. Of course my wife is somewhat freaking out at this point, worrying about how our Thanksgiving will work out.

So, I had her go to the hardware store and get some ant/roach gel. When I got home from work, I applied it everywhere that I could see a potential problem. Pulled out the stove, got it into the baseboards, etc...

This apparently just pissed them off. Soon they were finding more places to come into our kitchen, through the dishwasher, the cupboards, etc...
    This went on past Thanksgiving, thankfully that went somewhat well. The ants were only a real problem in the living room(which is adjoining the kitchen). With 20+ plates of food set out for a serve yourself style meal, we considered ourselves lucky.

That weekend, I decided - Fuck these little piss ant pieces of shit, fuck them straight to ant hell!!!!

I went to the hardware store and bought, caulking, boric acid and insecticide spray. I pulled all the appliances from the kitchen(stove, fridge, unmounted the dishwasher) re geled, spread boric acid and then sprayed the baseboards walls with the pesticide. Put the appliances back and caulked the insides of the cabinets, around door jambs, especially inside of the pantry and then waited. BUT, not to, long - the little cocksuckers starting coming into the interior vents inside the microwave. I killed and cleaned out the microwave several times, then I decided - hey! Fuck 'em, fuck 'em all... The next time I turned the microwave on for 3 minutes and walked away.

Turns out, 3 minutes in a microwave doesn't do anything to ants(it may actually make them reproduce). We keep a clean house, the ants are somehow inside the walls and just coming out wherever they can find any small gaps...

I've treated the outside of the house and the inside, any advice y'all have?
    Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

They came in your MIL's suitcase, she is The Ant Leader. Destroy her and they will go away.
    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

I'd continue with the exterior treatment, make sure you caulk/check over the exterior of your house and get rid if any possible entry points, then finally find the nest and destroy...whether it's inside the house or outside...seek and destroy!
      RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
      RIP Dime

Comment

The only thing I can think of is call a professional exterminator. You have a serious problem if you did all that and they're still finding ways into the house. I mean you did everything I can think of to get rid of them. Let a pro take a look.
        This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

I just watched a thing on "crazy ants" that have come up from South America. Were the fast as hell and going all apeshit? The program said they really don't take to the regular ant bait. I would suggest looking under the house if you have a crawlspace, if your house is on a slab look around the perimeter to find the mounds or point of entry, and Seven dust, or Ortho Max those bastards to hell I had an ant problem this past summer and had to put out 2 bags of the Ortho Max.

MOSHON
          DAVE
          "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

What is the foundation setup? Slab, crawlspace or basement?
            I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

It's on a slab, there's no visible mounds anywhere. I was thinking about drilling a few holes in the wall and dropping some baits randomly... I'll give Mosh's ortho treatment a try... These little fuckers are going to cease and desist. I'll refrain from offing the MIL(but thanks anyway Rsmacker), Oz - I've done way more than any exterminator would have - in fact, I spent a good deal of time talking with the exterminator who 'treats' my office since this started.

I'm going to be like Bill Murray in caddyshack - I've got 2 weeks off of work starting this Sat..........
              Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Ants?! That aint shit compared to the crabs you get from a $3 Filipino whore!!!-Lou
                " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Go in the attic and and spread insecticide everywhere, in the walls etc...

Comment

Sounds like you'll need to find the nest. Apparently you need to kill the queen(s), which usually stays in the nest, in order to wipe them all out. I've destroyed many smaller nests with large amounts of boiling water. If the nest is a mound above the ground shovel it into a bucket and pour boiling water in the bucket then continue to pour boiling water into the hole where the nest was. This has worked well for me numerous times. I do it after dark while they're all home for the evening. This would be tough if the nest is huge or is many feet below the ground though. AND...hot water isn't expensive.
                    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

OH shit I hate ants good luck with it.
                      A couple of summers ago I had some problems with them and did the boric acid thing and sprayed ant killer about two feet up the side of the house all the way around and around the windows as well.
                      I'm on a slab too and ants had nested in the seams of the driveway that butted up against the slab.
                      Haven't seen an ant in a few years.
                      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by LouSiffer View Post
                        Ants?! That aint shit compared to the crabs you get from a $3 Filipino whore!!!-Lou
                        This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

You sure someone isn't stuffing dead bodies under your house?
                          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

what kind of ants?

I used Andro to kill fireants. The nest under your foundation and they'll find a way the house regardless of what you do to keep then out. Death to the colony is the only way. If they keep coming back you may want an exterminator to do it vs multiple nickle and diming trips to the hardware store
                            shawnlutz.com

Comment

Nuke the site from orbit

Only way to be sure!
                              "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Working...
                              X