A7X fans? Listen to the new stuff....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BayRocker View Post
    I like A7X, but I find their new album boring and simple. It's a huge step backwards from Nightmare which I think is a great album. Each of their albums has gotten progressively better up to Nightmare which is pretty damn good from start to finish, doesn't hurt having Portnoy on the skins. But it seems that they found it to be difficult to top, so they changed the formula, ala Metallica with the Black Album, which is where me and Metallica parted ways, and the new A7X disc won't get much play either.
    I've seen a bunch of interviews, and apparently, this whole "simple" (for lack of a better word) thing was all planned and by design. Like it or not, it is what it is...I think it kills.
    -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

I've only heard that Hail to the King track and that's exactly the vibe I got from it. Carefully planned...
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I love Waking the Fallen but I haven't really listend to their newer stuff, I didn't like the overproduced, radio-friendly direction they went except a couple of songs.

S̶a̶d̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶T̶r̶u̶e This Means War sounds a bit like Metallica... lol Not necessarily a bad thing. And Hail to the King's chorus reminds me of a very well known song that I can't get off the tip of my tongue... help??

Comment

My nephew let me borrow it. I liked it but not enough to buy my own copy. I did however pick up Nightmare and their self titled album. I really like both of them. Speaking of Metallica there is song on Death Magnetic that sounds very much like a song on one of the older A7X abums so there might be some mutual "borrowing" going on.

Comment

Working...
          X