happy birthday to the real king, james marshal hendrix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• happy birthday to the real king, james marshal hendrix

yes that's right. all the guitar players people love on this board owe him something like him or not. what a god he was. write, play, sing, perform, showmanship, shock, everything. he was a 9 tool player. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aPcogx0MPw
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
    yes that's right. all the guitar players people love on this board owe him something like him or not. what a god he was. write, play, sing, perform, showmanship, shock, everything. he was a 9 tool player. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aPcogx0MPw
    Agreed, you gotta love Jimi!
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Being a left handed player all my life I don't need to tell you guys how much Hendrix was an influence for me. The guy was a Musical genius and the closest living thing to a God since Jesus in my opinion.
      This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

I was at the EMP earlier this month. It took me a long time to learn the context of what there was before him to understand what he brought to the table. I stole my brother's copy of Electric Ladyland when I was about 14, admittedly just to ogle the tits in the gatefold. Bt then I figured I may as well throw it on the turntable and have a listen. I didn't really dig it that much. At the time I was in to AC/DC and Judas Priest so I couldn't wrap my head around the psychedelic aspects of it, I was too into straight ahead hard rock.

But now that I'm older and have actually learned a lot about modern music history, I understand he was just super plugged in to the cosmic music generator. It's a shame he died too young, it would have been interesting to see a longer journey from him. I wonder if he hadn't played Woodstock if Alvin Lee wouldn't have gained more fame, because he tore it up there. But then without the Star Spangled Banner, Woodstock wouldn't have been 1/4 as relevant. It kind of summed up the 60's in one instrumental performance.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Would've been 70 this year, I believe. RIP Jimi.

Comment

Working...
          X