Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what do you use to practice listening to music?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do you use to practice listening to music?

So what do you use to practice listening to music? I'm talking for moderate levels to play along songs or dvd concerts. Do you use a home theater, power power speakers, studio monitors, what???
    '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
    '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
    custom made Les Paul
    VOX Tonelab LE
    Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
    ADA MP1
    BBE 422A
    Lexicon MPX-G2
    ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
    Support Your Local 81

I use my 11 rack or axe-fx for practice in my man cave. I run a smal 8 channel mixer out to powered monitors. I also have my PC running through the mixer and a 1/8th to RCA adapter for my iPhone or iPad so that I can listen to any or all of them at once and easily tweak volumes on the fly.

Or... I have a Yamaha THR amp that has an aux input so I can run something else through at the same time that I play.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Run my rack silent into my Emu 1212m, load winamp and go to town
      "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

I have a small Yamaha MG102 mixer. Guitar direct to one channel, computer to the other, put on headphones.
        My Toys:
        '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
        '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
        '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
        '94 Dinky HX in Black
        '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

For learning songs, I just listen to the songs via my laptop speakers and play along with my electric not even plugged in.

Once I get the songs down and want to have fun jamming, I transfer the songs to a USB stick and plug that into my Onkyo home theater receiver. Then I turn on my guitar amp and jam to the songs playing through the home theater speakers.

Comment

I have a super old DOD Tech 8 that I plug my guitar into and it has an input called jam along with 1/4 inch to 1/4 inch so I can plug my laptop into it and headphones. It's really old and beat up but it's useful because it's silent and it has decent distortions and delays.
            This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

used to have a HT receiver hooked up to my PC runing 3 small satellite and 2 well takin care of early 90's pioneer towers..

I use a program called Transcribe! to play the MP3's either that or Creative media player... plug my guitar to my PC..start Guitar Rig 5.. and get my headphones

Sometimes I just put a drum program on and set the tempo/pattern.. and just riff away
              GEAR:
              #1 2001 MIJ Jackson DK-2 (IG Smoke Stack II,IG Pig Iron & 79' Gibson T-Top)
              #2 1995 MIK modded Fender squire (IG Rollings Mills,SD SC-101, IG Iron Slag)

#3 2001 MIK Squier Stagemaster Deluxe[Fender TripleBucker]
              #4 2007 MIJ DKMG/DXMG Jackson (IG VOLTS)
              #5 1985 MIA Gibson SG Special (EMG 85 & H)
              #6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
              AMPS:
              1989 Randall RG 100 ES;Randall RH 200;Peavey 412 ms;two Early 70's Woodson 212's
              ART SGX 2000 w/x15 ultrafoot;ART MutiVerb

Comment

I'll use my powered Event speakers I use with my DAW. If its not loud enough I also run out to my home stereo system. I hate headphones and have touchy isolation/bleed through issues if I don't record the amp loud enough. Most of the time is just the events and me wailing over backing tracks. I'm one who gets bored easily on covers and I have to let my own stuff ooze out so I do a lot of improv
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                X