Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jonny Lang-House of Blues/Orlando This Saturday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jonny Lang-House of Blues/Orlando This Saturday!

The little woman surprised me with tickets to this Saturday's House of Blues show in Orlando! I have always liked this guy as well as Kenny Wayne Shepherd. Anyone else have some love for these guys? Hope to get some great pics like when we saw Satch a couple years back at this same venue. I am no way a blues man but I do enjoy Jonny's playing!

Wow..no love huh? Well, it was a great show with him playing most of his newer stuff and a reworked "Lie to Me" played acoustically alone to have the rest of the band join him for his 2 song encore. Vocally, he is FULL of emotion and very expressive which makes for a very engaged artist. This House of Blues is a great venue as the stage is about 6ft from the barrier. He played a quilt top tele most of the time with a sound hole on the top portion. He also played a gold top Les Paul that I was certain the strings were gonna break at any time! The band was tight with the drummer hitting HARD. He also had a set of Fender amps set up in a different way. They are set up very close to each other with about a 1 foot gap between them at about a 30 degree angle from the crowd. Possibly 1 driving into the other? Never seen that type of set up before.

Comment

never heard of him so yeah...no love just based on that alone
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
      X