a video my band did....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a video my band did....

saturday night my band went to a sound stage and shot our show so we could see areas we need to improve. after that, we had a bit of time left so we decided to do a couple of takes at doing a "lip synch" type video. we pretty much just rolled our volume down and played along with the CD. it was fun. it is nothing terribly dynamic or high-quality, but it gets the job done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bpm_o...ature=youtu.be

interestingly enough, the actual guitar tracks on the CD were recorded with a fender telecaster into a marshall JCM800 - one track is using a JCM800 4x12 with celestion 65s, the other track is using a rivera 4x12 with EVM12Ls. the gretsch i am using in the video is the guitar i play the song live with, even though i am thinking about going back to using jacksons.....
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

That sounds rather good and your singer is absolutely gorgeous. Love it... Excellent job!!!
    I like black and white guitars

Comment

Your lead singer distracted me from the song; she's hot!

The song does sound pretty good though. The video would have looked cooler if you used Jacksons
      Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
      Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

thanks guys!

regarding jacksons - I just got a new Adrian Smith that I am doing some mods to before I get it on stage. I am changing it to a HS with a single knob. I just haven't had the time to get it back together. I am pretty pumped. if I have time to change strings and do a set-up before Saturday, I will be using my DXMG for the song live this weekend.

regarding lana - hahahaha, yeah she distracts everyone!! her tits feel nice too
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

Comment

Elton John plays guitar??
          So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

cool vid. I didnt need to see a goldtop under the stage lights damnit...I want a 57 RI GT
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

Cool. The solo is rather catchy!
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Sounds good Mark. Catchy tune. I remember it from that farm gig you guys did

Comment

thanks, toe!!

shawn, the goldtop does look great under the lights. i also used a GMG jackson soloist in one take, but it looked crappy under the lights.

'smacker - how'd you know i was REALLY elton john???? damn, the secret is out....
                  GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

Originally posted by outlawten5 View Post
                    Sounds good Mark. Catchy tune. I remember it from that farm gig you guys did
                    thanks!! glad you remember it!!
                    GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

Cool tune bro! Dig the doom riffage. Also like the solo! And Lana (of course)

Comment

Real critique. Your solo seemed a lil off beat. Great solo, just didn't match the chord progression.

Comment

which part the opening, or the melodic section?
                          GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

Working...
                          X