equivilent to Omnirax Coda 2480 desk/workstation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
    How thick is the wood you used? I just got quoted £60 for 12mm.
    I just made a cabinet using 19mm MDF
    http://gpbruce.tumblr.com/post/69152...-playthings-it
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Yeah,, mine was made with 5/8 particle board. it's strong,, I can/ do stand on it when I have to get back there...lol

Nice desk mark .. my old bandmate built one similar,, I'll have to hunt up the pic. I have this Argosy with a few changes in mind for my next build when I get around to it.

MOSHON
      DAVE
      "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
        How thick is the wood you used? I just got quoted £60 for 12mm.
        I used 3/4" oak with 1" running under the mixer for added strength. all the materials cost me around $300.
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Omnirax tell me the coda 2480 desk is made of 3/4" thick with "t -mould trim". I will buy the woods next week.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

wilinski, it's great to make your own, then, with a bit of thought, it's exactly what you need.

MOSHWITZ & mark - great work!

I built one a couple years ago. I got some of the dimension from https://www.facebook.com/RackCreations back when they had a website.

Here's an old pic of mine - I've put articulating arms for the monitors since then.

Comment

What did you use to finish your console desk? Any primer required?
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

mine is finished with tung oil.
                GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Just for the fun of it, I asked Omnirax for a quote... $860 for the unit..... and $670 to ship freight! I don't whether to laugh or have a heart attack
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Working...
                  X