Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terrible. He was a real trooper, and spoke to me last week for the first time in a long time. Spoke as if nothing was wrong. I was running a contest for a free little project littel amp on another forum, and he would have won it, but I had to change the number becasue of a clerical error. This hurts, I have known him casually on the internet for years, rarely ever spoke. Goodbye Cygnus.You were a great dude, a great tech.

Comment

Wtf? This sucks. I had no idea either. Ive only been checking in now and then lately so this is a double wtf. I loved all of his amp projects. Damn, RIP, man.

Comment

Just spoke with Cyg's wife Martha and she thanks everyone for the kind words.
        She is trying to get on here to tell you herself but its not letting her log in ATM.
        I sent Toejam a PM and maybe he can help her get in.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
          Wow, I didn't even know he was fighting it. RIP dude. He will be missed by me personally, he always was a good guy.
          This...that's terrible

Comment

Sorry for the loss of your friend guys. I never met him or had the opportunity to talk with him but from the things you guys are saying he sounded like a great person. I for one know how tough cancer can be. My wife of 15 years had a large tumor removed from her stomach after being diagnosed with a very aggressive form of cancer. It was a struggle everyday to see someone you love hurting so much and be able to do nothing for them. Taking her back and fourth to chemotherapy and watching her lose her hair were very hard. I felt powerless and I know how hard it can be. Thankfully my wife has been cancer free for 7 years now and everything is fine but I remember what that was like and her struggles. Again my condolences and prayers go out to all of his family and friends.
            This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

See you before too long Cygie! We'll jam like Mofos!

Comment

Toejam is working on it. Thanks TJ.

Comment

Wow, sad news when a brother/sister falls to cancer. R.I.P.
                  THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Wow, i had no idea he had cancer. I figured he was just going about his usual business, building killer amps by hand and whatnot. So sad to hear about such a talented dude passing. RIP Kevin!
                    It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                    ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Thank you all so much for the condolences, and kind words they are greatly appreciated! Mrs.CygnusX1 (Martha)

Comment

Wow, I am floored by this. Rest in Peace brother and condolences to his family.
                        Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Nice to see you in here Martha you FINALLY got in.

Comment

I met Kevin on this forum years ago. We had a grand relationship. I was able to see your posts here without the ability to respond. I miss Kevin. His advice and his down home goodness followed him on the forums where we shared membership. Toejam allowed me to rejoin this forum. I just wanted to be able to thank Kevin here.
                            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I come and go at odd times, and don't come here as often as I'd like. I'm saddened to learn of this, saw it a few days ago. My prayers go out to you Martha, Cyg was very well liked, and as many have said very knowledgeable. He will will be missed by us all.
                              "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

OMG. I haven't been here in a while, and this was the first thing I saw. Ugh. RIP, Cyg.

Sully
                                Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                                Sully Guitars on Facebook
                                Sully Guitars on Google+
                                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                                X