Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's my time to quit...........the coffin nails!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rehab is for quitters!

Hope it works out for you

I've been doing the Roll-Yer-Own thing for a couple of years now using pipe tobacco (currently taxed a lot lower than cig tobacco). A 16 ounce bag costs about $11, carton of tubes about $2.30 (200 tubes), and machines run from $10 for the pocket models to $300+ for table-tops. I've got a Zen Supershooter that runs about $50-60 depending, and can roll a pack in about 5 minutes. I get ~ 2 1/2 cartons out of a 16oz bag, and I smoke less than a pack a day. Marly Reds were $50 a carton when I stopped buying, and it lasted me a week, maybe week and a half.

Been smoking a different brand than I was, and even though it says "full flavor" on the bag, it's more like a light. Nicotine used to calm me down (depending on how quickly it's injested, it can trigger the release of endorphins or adrenaline - a slow smoke releases endorphins, a huff-n-puff kicks out the adrenaline), but this brand I'm on now appears to be nic-free, because I'm not getting the boost or the mellow.

Being predisposed to violence, I require the calmative effects of all-natural nicotine to keep me from being on the News. It's great for writing Metal, but with Summer heat approaching, I'm more likely to go on a rampage without my RDA of it.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
      Rehab is for quitters!

Hope it works out for you

I've been doing the Roll-Yer-Own thing for a couple of years now using pipe tobacco (currently taxed a lot lower than cig tobacco). A 16 ounce bag costs about $11, carton of tubes about $2.30 (200 tubes), and machines run from $10 for the pocket models to $300+ for table-tops. I've got a Zen Supershooter that runs about $50-60 depending, and can roll a pack in about 5 minutes. I get ~ 2 1/2 cartons out of a 16oz bag, and I smoke less than a pack a day. Marly Reds were $50 a carton when I stopped buying, and it lasted me a week, maybe week and a half.

Been smoking a different brand than I was, and even though it says "full flavor" on the bag, it's more like a light. Nicotine used to calm me down (depending on how quickly it's injested, it can trigger the release of endorphins or adrenaline - a slow smoke releases endorphins, a huff-n-puff kicks out the adrenaline), but this brand I'm on now appears to be nic-free, because I'm not getting the boost or the mellow.

Being predisposed to violence, I require the calmative effects of all-natural nicotine to keep me from being on the News. It's great for writing Metal, but with Summer heat approaching, I'm more likely to go on a rampage without my RDA of it.

great post

If he was quitting alcohol, you'd be in here with a recipe to make cheaper moonshine
      Hail yesterday

Comment

good luck! i try every year. sometimes i make it a month or so, sometimes a few days lol. one day it will happen for me. Stay strong and get that USAJackson!!

Comment

Originally posted by Force View Post
          it's not that hard to quit, I know I can do it.
          I second that, the hard part is not starting again!
          Seriously, good luck to you!
          tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

I quit in January...and it's still very difficult for me at times. I mean REALLY fucking difficult. I'm chewing 3,4 pieces of gum a day. The only thing keeping me from caving is the thousands of dollars of gear I've already bought since quitting!
            Hear the universe scream
            Bleeding from black holes
            Whom horns careless
            And whom God mourns

Comment

I was just about to go out to buy another pack of smokes, but reading this thread made me reconsider. Been a smoker for 23 years myself, 7 to 10 cigarettes a day at this point. I never thought that smoking was going to kill me, as I have 4 uncles who are in their 70's and 80's who smoke like chimneys.

But maybe better safe than sorry eh?
              Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Working...
              X