No announcement yet.

So...we got a Great Dane..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, I see what you mean. we have a pretty big backyard and want to get a big dog someday. someday.
    Sam

Comment

xeno...EXACTLY...he's a year old..I can't count all of the bruises and scratches Curtis and I have acquired. He doesn't mean it, it just happens. On a positive note, he responds wonderfully to positive (treat) training/work. We've mastered sit, down, and currently working on stay..and EASY!! When he starts rough housing I start with EASY lol..not 100% effective yet, but getting there. He's big hearted and hates to think he's done something wrong. It's just a huge adjustment, but I'm glad we did this.

Emperor..they don't need a big back yard at all, they can and do live in apartments. They need to be walked etc, but they can do fine in small places.

Tommy, yes we elevated his food/water dishes.

They absolutely are people dogs..not outside dogs...they have to be with their people. Oh, and he's eaten a remote, a night light and some cat toys lol...still a good boy.
      Last edited by guitarsjb; 05-28-2013, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Wait until he eats the coach or chews on some chair legs. My 69lber has to apologize when she did something wrong by climbing in your lap. sometimes when I have my laptop.

Comment

Awesome dog Jeri. Love him and he will love you back. Take him for long walks. I have 2 chihuahua's. 6lbs and 8lbs. They crap like gerbels.
          Not so much with Bruce!!!

Comment

I played with a drummer that had a female great dane. She was very protective of him, she would always stare at, growl and bare her teeth at new people , to be honest it was kind of intimidating... but once she got to know you she was very nice. Xeno's right about their tail's knocking shit over and hitting you in the nuts, I can't count how many times I've got dropped to my knees from her

They also seem really loyal. I never seen him go anywhere without her. I would love to get a dog, but don't have the room. I have ferret that's pretty ferocious though
            Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
            Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

Working...
            X