Marathon, FL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marathon, FL?

Hey all, I'm trying to land a yob in Marathon, Florida. Are there any members than can give me an impression of what it's like to live around there? Cost of living, weather, local attitudes etc...

PS. Don't drink and post, lol
    1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marathon,_Florida

Comment

i've been to key west fishing 6 times, and destroyed islamorada a few times on the way down. it's fun down there buzz.
      sticky as all fuck but fun nonetheless. if you're in a cold weather state, get the fuck out now and move.
      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

I'm in SC right now. I'll leave here the moment I get a firm offer.
        Piston helicopters don't like hot n sticky weather. The nice thing I'll be able to do some real flying instead the 5 and 10 junk I'm doing now

Comment

Not much difference in climate between SC and FL, imo. You've already seen the flying cockroaches, and you know about August. You'll be closer to the Equator, and might get a bit more (or less) of that salty sea air, depending on where you are now. You'll also get front row seating for all the hurricanes.

Remember to brush up on your Cuban.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by buzzsaww View Post
            Piston helicopters don't like hot n sticky weather.
            It's a little hotter and more sticker in FLA isn't it?

Comment

Hey Marathon is not to bad, it does not have as much tourist. it's got a huge local vibe to it, & you won't need as much of your Cuban as Newc said. Once you get past Homestead, & Florida city you hit Key Largo then a few smaller Keys. Marathon & Islamorada are 2 of the bigger Keys. Then there Holiday Ilse & the Tikki Bar. People are friendly in the keys but like most people in Florida including myself We CAN'T Drive! Oh & Monroe county sheriffs Dept. Does not Play. The heat is high the Humidity is Higher, & if you need a major city Miami is only an hour away. It's cheaper to live down there also. The Bad it rains alot in south Florida, & Hurricane season sucks, when they say You HAVE to evacuate You do. for the most part if your not from the side of the country, it will be interesting.
              Last edited by Drake S.; 05-24-2013, 05:29 PM.
              According To The Prophecy

Comment

Thanks for the input. Still no word but the owner of the company showed up at my current location and introduced himself. I found that odd. I'm sure he was observing for a while so I don't know what to make of it.

Comment

were you rolling a joint or working when he showed up? if it was the latter, you should be a shoe in pal.
                  Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

We were swamped that day so I was flyin my ass off. Didn't have time for more than a, hey there, how are you?

Comment

Working...
                    X