Loving my new wheels. (Pic heavy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loving my new wheels. (Pic heavy)

After 9 years of having a love/hate relationship with my Jeep Wrangler, I decided to give something else a try.

The Jeep served me well for a few years after I bought and installed the accesories needed to transport a canoe and fishing gear, but one the dreaded "death wobble" started and could not be fixed to my satisfaction I decided to move on.

Now, one of my kids had just gotten her license, and needed a vehicle, so I went in and traded my Jeep on a new Sentra. Nice car, and I enjoyed driving it until it was time to hand it ovver to her. Then once that happened, I went back to the same store and bought a new Altima coupe 3.5 SR.

I've had it for a few months now, and let me tell you guys, this car rocks. It is quick enough for me, fuel efficient enough for me, stylish enough for me, and comfortable enough for me.

I'm really happy with my transportaion for the first time in a long time.
    On to the pics:

Yeah I know, there is no way I can carry a canoe with all of the fishing gear on this thing lol. But it's OK. I'm not really into that anymore!
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

I had an Altima maybe 12 years ago. Great car. GREAT car. No problems, drove like a dream, pulled through snow like it was nothing.

I'm in the market for a second car and Nissan is on the list. Thanks for the review.

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
      I had an Altima maybe 12 years ago. Great car. GREAT car. No problems, drove like a dream, pulled through snow like it was nothing.

I'm in the market for a second car and Nissan is on the list. Thanks for the review.
      No problem Vass.
      As of right now, in this family, we have a 2010 Xterra Off Road, a 2012 Sentra SR, and now this Altima Coupe 3.5 SR.
      We typically buy brands that work for us and Nissan fits that bill perfectly. We had a 2002 Xterra that started it all and traded it in on the 2010 Xterra.
      Never experienced any problems from it and that's why the brand loyalty.
      I WAS looking into other makes and models for this purchase like:
      the Scion FR-S
      Subaru BRZ
      as well as other coupes from other manufacturers.

The thing that kept me on the Nissan path was our own experience of reliability and when the time comes for it, the cost of future maintenance (parts and labor). European makes like BMW, VW and Mercedes have a fairly GOOD track record of reliability when new, but when looking at the cost of maintaining such vehiclesdown the road, WOW can it get super expensive!

Example:
      My friend just bought a 2010 BMW (forget model), and the water pump went bad. Not a big deal right?
      Well she got it replaced and is now $2500 lighter in her bank account.

Oh and Vass,
      If you are looking into this same car, here's a bit of info that you might not have known. They no longer make this specific model. The Altima coupe is no longer available with the 270 hp 6 cylinder motor. You can only buy them with a 170 hp 4 cylinder engine. Don't know why they are going in that direction, but they are. If you look around for them, you can still find new 2012 3.5 SR Coupes out there, but they are the last of them.
      I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

My 04 Xterra is still running great I see no reason to sell it.
        Nissan make a great product.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

You basicly have a front wheel drive 350Z there bud. Great car in my experience.
          In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Originally posted by CowboyFromHell View Post
            You basicly have a front wheel drive 350Z there bud. Great car in my experience.
            I was eyeing the 370Z HARD for a bit when buying this one. But the 370 was just too impractical.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up on the engine. I am much more concerned about power than gas, so Maxima may be the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
                Thanks for the heads up on the engine. I am much more concerned about power than gas, so Maxima may be the way to go.
                Yeah, I was looking at the Maxima myself, but really wanted a Coupe.
                Maximas are fecking NICE.

Comment

Yay nissan. my first car was a 180sx, damn thing was soooooo much fun, not to mention bulletproof. too bad I had to sell it.
                  I want a guitar made of ALL abalone. That would be badass. All shellfish should die for my shreddage delight.

Guitar Guy 22345762.9 is Jarek...like from Subway.

Comment

Working...
                  X