Sandy victims get a big "up yours."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sandy victims get a big "up yours."

Watched the John Stewart video about the vote for relief funds for Sandy victims. What is our politicians thinking? Am I missing something? This just looks to me like a very bad move on their part.
    Last edited by tomanyjacksons; 01-10-2013, 09:04 PM.
    I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Their.

Oh god, I'm turning into Ron.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I didn't see the vote but I'm assuming it wasn't passed. It's because most of the damn thing was money for everything BUT the sandy victims. I mean fuck, a 60 billion dollar bill and less than 1/3 of that was for sandy victims. There was shit in that bill to put a new roof on the smithsonian for fucks sake, a few billion for fisheries in Alaska. Basically the 16b or so for sandy victims and all the other money for things that aren't even in same state.
      My Toys:
      '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
      '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
      '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
      '94 Dinky HX in Black
      '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
        Their.

Oh god, I'm turning into Ron.
        it could be worse...it could ALWAYS be worse...lol...d.m.
        http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Thanks Hellbat.
          I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by AdRock View Post
            I didn't see the vote but I'm assuming it wasn't passed. It's because most of the damn thing was money for everything BUT the sandy victims. I mean fuck, a 60 billion dollar bill and less than 1/3 of that was for sandy victims. There was shit in that bill to put a new roof on the smithsonian for fucks sake, a few billion for fisheries in Alaska. Basically the 16b or so for sandy victims and all the other money for things that aren't even in same state.

^^^this c'mon politicians stop using catastrophes to hide your pork special interest cash cows. they should be ashamed f fthemselves.
            If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

WTF are the insurance companies doing? Running the other way?

Comment

how bout that concert at msg that my friends who lost so much will never see a penny from? glad i made $1000 reselling tickets for that show. spent it on my friends who lost their shit.....

Comment

Originally posted by Amerturk View Post
                  WTF are the insurance companies doing? Running the other way?
                  The ins. companies have been on top of things since day 1. Three weeks after the storm the ins. companies had a dollar figure for the govt. The govt. Has spent from that point in time until last week adding pork like gangbusters. they now try to make monsters out of the people that voted against the bill because most of the nation has no clue about allthe shit piled in with it.
                  My Toys:
                  '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
                  '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
                  '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
                  '94 Dinky HX in Black
                  '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

I've lived on the south shore of LI my enitre life. Its pure BS, lots of people i know are still getting the big F U, from both insurance and FEMA. especially those with split type houses. since you walk down 3 steps from the front door to the 1st floor, its not the first floor its considered a basement and has become a major loophole they are trying to use even tho its above grade. its cleaned up a lot but people and their homes are still screwed. funny tho, i know and heard of others w minimal damage that have gotten LARGE sums of $ from the storm just based on where they are located. those who acted quickly got paid, now people are waiting. its cold here in NY and i know plenty or people that either don't have heat or hot water or both yet.

Comment

And this, gentlemen, is why it's important to realize politicians are not working to make YOUR life better
                      "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Politics. For the most part our government pushed off dealing with it until after the election. And then AFTER the election after hundreds of thousands of people went without power for over a month did Obama decide to blame republicans for not pushing aid through on new year's eve while Obama was in Hawaii auto-penning the fiscal cliff bill.

So now both sides have a weapon to use to accuse the other side of being insensitive people who ignored the people.

And this has happened before. A couple of years ago here in Texas half the fucking state burned in one heat-and-drought wildfire after another, the governor called for aid, and Obama didn't bother sending aid until the following year long after the fires were long out.

Comment

Why bother naming Obama and republicans, you really think thing will improve with metrocrats in senate and Ahib Sil Mehusta Imnabj as president?
                          "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
                            Why bother naming Obama and republicans, you really think thing will improve with metrocrats in senate and Ahib Sil Mehusta Imnabj as president?

Eh......................I'll concede to that.

It just personally bothers me because of how much Texas burned and how many towns completely ran out of water, people I do know that did lose their homes, and the fires got so close to where I lived that ash and the smell of smoke filled the sky, while what was probably the first time in US history a sitting President ignored calls for emergency declaration and aid while the national media largely ignored it knowing damn well if Bush turned his back on a state calling for aid they'd demand his head.

Comment

Working...
                            X