Coda Music in England?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coda Music in England?

I am in negotiations with them about a guitar can anybody on here tell me about them? I would have to have it shipped here.
    Last edited by Predator1; 01-05-2013, 03:01 PM.

They're a pretty good company. I've been buying from them for roughly 12 years and never really had a bad word to say about them other than the owner being a bit of a snob but other than that they're solid, legit company who are quite popular over here in the UK.
    93 USA Soloist EDS
    USA HT6 Juggernaut
    Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Yeah, they've been going for years. I bought my first 'pro' guitar from them (ESP Mirage Custom) from them back in 1990 or so - they're long established and have a pretty good reputation.
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Since the guitar I am looking at has been on display, I was wondering if they are a small shop that monitors their stuff or a Guitar Center type? They tell me it is mint and it looks good from the pics but since a return would cost big $ it probably wouldn't happen. Thanks guys for your help.

Comment

Just checked their website. No results for Jackson.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Coda is a small shop (well a small business that has two small stores) and they look after their stuff. If it has a mark or scratch on it then it will be sold as used or at a discounted price.
            93 USA Soloist EDS
            USA HT6 Juggernaut
            Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Any advice for shipping it here to the states?

Comment

Shipping won't be cheap, but if it's a US made guitar, you won't pay tax on it when it returns. Not sure if that applies to both Federal and State or just Federal though. And you might end up paying duty and a brokerage (i.e. handling) fee to the shipping company.

Back when I was in the UK, I shipped a few guitars to the US using Parcel Force (USPS equivalent) and City Link and had no problems at all.

Comment

Fucking hell, Parcel Farce and Shitty Stink, you were soooooo lucky. I wouldn't send letter bombs with either of them.
                  So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
                    Shipping won't be cheap, but if it's a US made guitar, you won't pay tax on it when it returns. Not sure if that applies to both Federal and State or just Federal though. And you might end up paying duty and a brokerage (i.e. handling) fee to the shipping company.

Back when I was in the UK, I shipped a few guitars to the US using Parcel Force (USPS equivalent) and City Link and had no problems at all.
                    That's because everything you buy from the UK already has VAT included. Parcelfarce are a ripoff and will only cover goods to a small value. I was gonna sell a WR1 to someone in India. PF wanted £300+, other couriors wanted half that. I'd suggest asking the shop to use a different courior, if they will do that.
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Does FedEx ship from there?

Comment

Yep, but remember there are 3 FedExs - FedEx Express and 2 that I can't fucking remember. They are separate businesses and have no connection apart from the FedEx prefix. A more stupid idea, I have yet to encounter.
                        So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

I have shipped dozens of guitars with FedEx and never had an issue. Although this would be the first from England.

Comment

I got my Anderson from Matt via FedEx and was very happy with the service. Cheaper, faster and with less BS fees than UPS...

Comment

Working...
                            X