Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look what turned up at a gun buyback

http://www.necn.com/12/08/12/WW2-wea...9&feedID=11106

So much shit just sitting in people's attics waiting to resurface.

The cool thing is, that they're not trashing it and she'll be getting the money when it sells.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
      The cool thing is, that they're not trashing it and she'll be getting the money when it sells.
      Yeah, nice to hear not everything is done in clinical bureaucratic law-obedient fashion
      "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Holy shit, an STG44. One of my dream guns. It's sad the lady didn't have a clue what it's worth and obviously doesn't have a family member who knows a damn thing about firearms. Hopefully it does end up in a museum rather than shredded. It still pisses me off that local, state and federal governments are doing "gun buy backs". It's one of the small steps in making anti gun sentiment "normal". Obviously, this wasn't some gang banger's gun they were getting off the street, which is the guise this buy back crap is sold to us as.

Comment

From the hands of an elite soldier straight into the hands of a gloating fat cop.
          You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

Originally posted by ginsambo View Post
            From the hands of an elite soldier straight into the hands of a gloating fat cop.
            As xeno already noted: They are allowing her to sell the gun.
            Not all cops are fat, nor gloating.
            But they were obviously thrilled to be able to have a part of the story.

Comment

At least something good came out of one of these "gun buybacks". I would love to shoot an STG-44 someday.

Comment

Wow that is a rare gun I hope she gets way more than that for it.Its worth more than 40 G's to be honest.
                I got to shoot one at Knob Creek machine gun shoot years ago and it was 7mm or 7.5MM don't remember which, on full auto quite a lot to hold on to.
                Actually looked at buying the 22 cal version a few months back.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

It's amazing what people brought back from WW2. I wonder if you've found an old lady trying to sell something like this, if it would be legal to purchase? My dad said he knew this guy that came back from Vietnam with 5 fully automatic M16's. He got arrested though, because he pissed off his wife and she told

I had a boss who's father has the last Nazi Swastika flag to fly over Nuremberg, Germany. He said while everyone was busy, he climbed up a pole, removed it and packed into his duffel bag. I wonder how much you would get for that?
                  Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
                  Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

Only if it were registered before the NFA of 1934 and GCA of 1968 if I remember correctly. If her father hadn't registered it then it's very much illegal to own and as far as I know can not be transferred if she had sold it to someone else. From what I understand you can only transfer an NFA firearm that has been "registered" previously, pay the tax and pass the background check.

Comment

It would have to be registered or dewatted in 1968 to remain legal.

However the ATF has allowed some historical guns to be sold to LE agencies or museums without this paperwork in rare circumstances.
                      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                        I got to shoot one at Knob Creek machine gun shoot years ago and it was 7mm or 7.5MM don't remember which, on full auto quite a lot to hold on to.
                        Actually looked at buying the 22 cal version a few months back.

Wouldn't it be 7.9mm?
                        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

At least the cops were honest. I wonder how many rare guns like this find their way into someone's private collection on the way to the shredder.

Comment

I have to admit, I really thought the cops would take it, sell it and split the money.
                            Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
                            Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

Originally posted by Maiden89 View Post
                              I have to admit, I really thought the cops would take it, sell it and split the money.

Or one of em take it home and keep it. Like most of the other guns brought in that day.

Comment

Working...
                              X