REGULATED Power Conditioner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REGULATED Power Conditioner

Furman don't seem to make these anymore. I lost out on a used one last year. Had 14 outlets too. Got funds, so I'm looking for one again. It has been suggested just getting a regulator, plugging it into an extension board powering my gear. :think: I have a Samson PB10 which likes to occasionally make a subtle, high pitched, low level noise.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

I know Monster makes some, but I believe they are pretty expensive for the good ones...

http://www.monstercable.com/power/li...t.asp?cat=9001
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I forgot to mention I live in the UK, so I need a UK version (230v). I tried google and ebay. They seem just as elusive as the Furman AR Series.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
        I have a Samson PB10 which likes to occasionally make a subtle, high pitched, low level noise.
        Don't take this the wrong way, young man (fnaar fnaar! ), but you know why Power Conditioners are so hard to come by? Because there is no need for them, especially in the UK. We have the cleanest, steadiest AC in Europe. If you are getting major problems, real problems, you ought to look at the mains supply. How old is the wiring at your house? What kind of consumer unit do you have? One of those old Bakelite pieces of shit, with about 4 circuits on board (ie. all the sockets in the place on one old fuse)? How much shit has your Dad mackled in over the years? (You know, that extra socket he put in with .75mm flex because it was all that was in his shed)

Perhaps you ought to get a Sparks to do an Earth Loop Impedence test on your installation.

But hey, I understand, you NEED to spunk money on stuff, toys. Me too, I'm busting a nut for a Klark Teknik DN60, as if I have got 500 quid spare. I just have to have one, they make me moist. If you see one on your travels, let me know please...
        So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

I'm using a Furman RP-8L.
          Used to have horrible noise problems from the lines.
          I could even hear the neighbor's dimmers crackling!

The Furman works great, and was cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
            Don't take this the wrong way, young man (fnaar fnaar! ), but you know why Power Conditioners are so hard to come by? Because there is no need for them, especially in the UK. We have the cleanest, steadiest AC in Europe. If you are getting major problems, real problems, you ought to look at the mains supply. How old is the wiring at your house? What kind of consumer unit do you have? One of those old Bakelite pieces of shit, with about 4 circuits on board (ie. all the sockets in the place on one old fuse)? How much shit has your Dad mackled in over the years? (You know, that extra socket he put in with .75mm flex because it was all that was in his shed)

So he could rebuild his entire electrical system
            ...or buy a powerconditioner

On another note:
            Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
            Furman don't seem to make these anymore.
            here they still seem available:
            http://www.thomann.de/gb/cat.html?bf=furman&oa=prd
            Last edited by Nightbat; 12-08-2012, 09:44 AM.
            "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
              Are they fire-proof as well then?

The point is that if there is real noise on a UK PME system, enough to warrant jizzing over a grand on, there may be bigger problems afoot, and an electrical blaze just around the corner. I'd want to put the money towards a re-wire and be safe in my bed, but then I'm silly like that. Or at least have someone who knows what they are doing look and see why there are problems, this isn't like the USA with powerlines everywhere and dodgy earths. Fuck, you can hear the power lines there fizzing and crackling if you just stand and listen!

Our mains supply is only dirty or noisy if there is a local issue. In domestic properties that aren't running aircon (something we rarely have), or massive industrial fridges, the local noise issue will be a safety issue too. There are many many properties in this country that haven't been touched by a qualified electrician for years, or have cobbled in stuff like shitty dimmers for their lounge. B&Q has a lot to answer for!

Maybe Wilksy-Baby lives next-door to a property rented to some nice Vietnamese chaps and they've got a cannabis farm on the go?!

Hey, don't mind me though, I'm just being a gay troll...

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post

On another note:

here they still seem available:
                http://www.thomann.de/gb/cat.html?bf=furman&oa=prd
                £938? Shit. I might just buy a Furman with 11 IEC's and unplug speakers when recording instead.
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
                  Are they fire-proof as well then?

The point is that if there is real noise on a UK PME system, enough to warrant jizzing over a grand on, there may be bigger problems afoot, and an electrical blaze just around the corner. I'd want to put the money towards a re-wire and be safe in my bed, but then I'm silly like that. Or at least have someone who knows what they are doing look and see why there are problems, this isn't like the USA with powerlines everywhere and dodgy earths. Fuck, you can hear the power lines there fizzing and crackling if you just stand and listen!

Our mains supply is only dirty or noisy if there is a local issue. In domestic properties that aren't running aircon (something we rarely have), or massive industrial fridges, the local noise issue will be a safety issue too. There are many many properties in this country that haven't been touched by a qualified electrician for years, or have cobbled in stuff like shitty dimmers for their lounge. B&Q has a lot to answer for!

Maybe Wilksy-Baby lives next-door to a property rented to some nice Vietnamese chaps and they've got a cannabis farm on the go?!

Hey, don't mind me though, I'm just being a gay troll...
                  First thing we did on our 100 year old house was take out the 2 old massive fuses before the ancient box in the basement, chicken stick the in place but thankfully inactive knob and tube, and upgrade the service from 100 to 200 amp so the power company would put in a new service, weatherhead, etc.

I'm fairly handy but some things you're better off biting the bullet on and having a professional do. And I drink too much to rely on a smoke detector.

Sorry for abetting the thread jack but Rsmacker's advice is worth at least investigating.

Comment

Presumably this mains check is a cheap procedure, right?
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Well, that depends, it's a bit like getting your car checked over, if you aren't smart, you are going to get fucked. And we wouldn't want that, would we?
                      Do you know any sparkies? (Men with droopy moustaches and tool belts are possibly not qualified tradesmen, no matter what they tell you)
                      Depending on the size of the house, and how many alterations there are, bits cobbled on, it's not a massive job to do a full test on a house. You don't live in a country mansion, do you? How old is the installation? (Ball-park figure.) What kind of consumer unit do you have? Is it a bakelite box with re-wireable fuses, or does it have MCBs (little trip switches that you reset)? RCD/RCCB protection?

It's a "how long's a piece of string" question. Ring some sparkies and ask for some quotes, don't tell them you might have a problem, just say you are thinking of selling up, and want a EICR (Electrical Installation Condition Report). Anyone with NICEIC logos on their ad is going to ream you. ECA or ELECSA or NAPIT are just as good professional bodies (ie. the sparky won't be some twat who does a 2 week course and sets up in business).

Fucking hell, I'm being 100% serious, this just isn't me, I need a lie-down...

I nearly broke her back

Comment

.....holy fucking shit, Rsmacker's going to go to Wilkinsi's house. This is bigger than Riggs meeting Murtaugh, or Schwartzaneggar/ Devito in Twins. Fucking buddy movie crossover shit. Epic. Epic.

Comment

No he isn't. But thanks for the advice, Vass Shitbird
                          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

I was worried there for a moment.
                            I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

You never know.
                              After the mess of high school graduation was over and people started parting ways for college, or military...one of the biggest
                              bullies in the school and I became friends after working together over the summer.
                              He liked to reserve his nastiest jokes and pranks on me for no particular reason...maybe because I was a loner.
                              Turned out the dude had the same insecurities as most of us rockers in a rural setting.
                              (Outcasts in a world of country and disco).
                              He was just covering for it by acting badass.
                              And...no gay stuff going on either!

Comment

Working...
                              X