No announcement yet.

New motorcycle day :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those Corbins are really comfortable though, especially if you've had a good hard spanking.

Um, I imagine.
    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

My buddy did a lap of the US on his K100 about 10 years ago. He had a few minor mechanical issues on the trip but no show stoppers. I think a common issue for the early ones was the valve seals would leak a bit while it sits and give you smoky starts due to the horizontal layout.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by ginsambo View Post
        those mustangs are pieces of ass
        Correct, if you are talking the 1974 - 1978 Mustang II
        This car was basically a re-skinned Pinto and was an embarrasment to the Mustang name & legacy. The only good thing about it was the stout rear end.

and they got progressively worse going into the '80's.
        INCORRECT. The Fox chassis, released in 1979, underpinned decades of great Fords (Mustang, Crown Victoria) and by 1982 the Stang had "High Output" V8s again. Practically every model year Mustang in the 80s til 1993 gained horsepower, stoutness & style. I myself ran a LX5.0 5 speed for years and that was one great little quick car that got amazing gas mileage to boot.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I'm a Ford fan and a bike fan. The Mustang II's where a Pinto chassis but they fit a small block with very little work when they had 4 bangers in them. A V8 in one is a lot of fun to drive. Had a Bobcat (Mercury version of the Pinto) that had a 351W and an FMX automatic in it and an 8" rearend with 3:55 gears in it. Never took it too a dragstrip but a county sheriff clocked us at 125mph at the end of the local street race quarter mile. No ticket, he was a friend there helping us out. Now I have an 85 Mustang LX notchback 351W and a T-5 with 3:55 gears in an 8.8" posi rear. Spent a bunch on upper and lower control arms for the rear suspension with big sway bars front and rear and lowering springs front and rear. The motor is a 1969 4V motor that was 300 hp from the factory, now it's been bored .30 over with 11.4 to 1 compession pistons and it's under cammed but a bigger cam is on the horizon to open the girl up to bring the power way up.

I've always been a Suzuki guy when it came to bikes. My current project is an 81 GS1100E which needs a lot but it's gonna take time to mess with. Fuel prices being what they are nowadays a motorcycle is a good investment. Like was mentioned earlier the fuel pump isn't most likely the only problem especially if it's set for very long with fuel in it. A bit of work is probably ahead of you, and the tires may look new but if they're dried out they will need replaced to keep them from coming apart on you while riding. Financialy though you came out ahead in the long run as people will pay more for a bike that gets @ 40 mpg than a hot rod Mustang. Good luck Dave and enjoy the shit out of that bike.
          I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Yeah, the only saving grace about that car in particular is that it had a 302 V8, C4 trans and the Limited Slip rear end...it was real fun for a time. the funny thing is,, I have another mustang II in the shop covered by boxes and stuff,, look beyond the bike but that one has a 300 HP 4cyl in it...yeah you read that right and is in Wayyyyyyy better condition than the other one. I bought it around '91-92'ish, and built it as a sleeper for playing around in. I pissed off allot of 5.0 pony's in the 1/8's back in the day.

I had a friend back then that was the mechanic for a team that raced mini stock at Huntsville Motor Speedway( fastest short track in the south) in a Pinto that would do 130 in second gear it was sick.... anyway,, when he would send stuff off to the machine shop,,,(head shaved, block shaved, block bored 30 over, lightweight crank+ rods,, Etc,Etc,) my shit would go to,,,,,,, and well ,,,ya know I ended up shreding the trans to shit, so in the shop it went. One day I might do something with it again, but it's not really in the way and don't eat anything, so...

What I really need to do is find some dragster guy to come buy my 67 Cadillac Hearse w/472 and get it out of here.

My bud emailed me the other night and gave me a little advice,,,
            With four bikes sitting on my carport right now, I can give you a few pieces of advice on what to look for and look forward to doing:
            1) Check the tank for rust. If there is any, the easiest thing to use is Evapo-Rust. Get gas in the tank as soon as you do though as flash rust can set up quickly.
            2) If it had ethanol gas in it and the carb bowls weren’t drained, then it’s going to need the carbs cleaned an synch’ed (good idea to do this anyway)

3) Change the final drive oil (drum on rear wheel where the shaft connects)
            4) Electrical connections will probably need to be cleaned

5) Replace fuel filter along with the pump

6) Oil change & filter replacement

7) Coolant system flush and refill
            8) Check the sight glasses on the master cylinder. If it’s cracking, look on ebay, there’s a guy who cuts them and sends out a kit for about $20

9) New plugs. Never trust old ones, just hold onto them as “oh shit spares”
            10) Shine her up and take her for a spin.

MOSHON
            DAVE
            Last edited by MOSHWITZ; 12-04-2012, 06:54 PM.
            "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Nice score Dave. You turned an absolute turd into a really nice scoot. That is one heck of a bike.
              I ride a 2006 Harley FXWDGI in Dragonfly Green Pearl.

Comment

Working...
              X