No announcement yet.

Fuck me guitar center...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate dealing with GC, but every once in a while they have a good deal and I jump on it.

What I hate the most is being "attacked" by salespeople. How many times do I need to say "I DON'T NEED ANY FUCKING HELP!!!"

Comment

Just say "Yes, I do need some help actually. I have this nasty rash from the top of my bumcrack right up the weld seam of my nutsac. Can you help me apply the ointment? I don't want it going from my hands to these guitar necks..."

You should have peace and quiet for the rest of your visit.
      So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
        I hate dealing with GC, but every once in a while they have a good deal and I jump on it.

What I hate the most is being "attacked" by salespeople. How many times do I need to say "I DON'T NEED ANY FUCKING HELP!!!"
        Getting help at my area guitarget is a challenge at best. Especially if it's not behind the counter.
        I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

send the stuff back, take the credit and get you a brand new Gibson Les Paul Trad Pro Standard for $1274 (ebony only) which is a smokin deal..

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-L...15-i1694983.gc you have to put it in your cart to see the low price
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

I don't mind dealing with GC. I've scored lots of great deals on used stuff including a Rhoads LTD, Charvel pointy Reissue, vintage Marshall 4x12 cab, a Rhoads white 4x12 cab, powered QSC PA boxes, etc... Plus their shipping prices are dirt cheap.
            Rudy
            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Wow, you had a problem with Guitar Center? What a surprise. Let me tell you what GC is good for. Strings and picks.
              They literally have fullfillment centers. They just print a shipping ticket and some shmuck throws your guitar in a box and sends it to you.

Comment

all Guitar Centers are not created equally. We have a couple of pretty good ones here in Dallas. One carries a lot of higher end boutique gear and vintage guitars. I have no problem with 2 of their stores here. I bought my Mesa 3/4 QB 1x12 online for a song and went to pick it up at the Central Dallas store...place didn't seem like a GC to me really. The other one in Plano is pretty good as well and they'll match any price online or anywhere and beat it.
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                  all Guitar Centers are not created equally. We have a couple of pretty good ones here in Dallas. One carries a lot of higher end boutique gear and vintage guitars. I have no problem with 2 of their stores here. I bought my Mesa 3/4 QB 1x12 online for a song and went to pick it up at the Central Dallas store...place didn't seem like a GC to me really. The other one in Plano is pretty good as well and they'll match any price online or anywhere and beat it.

I am feeling that, man.

Here in San Antonio, there was an asshole store named Hermes Music that put a huge chunk of the local competition out of business. And they were assholes too. Once you picked something out, you were not allowed to touch it again until you were at the door leaving. Handlers handled everything every step of the way. And trying out a guitar or amp? Well fuck that. Not if you like a bunch of people hovering over you inches away to make sure you don't even breathe on their shit because some air particle could cause a microscopic scratch. SO they destroyed a good chunk of the competition (including jsut about anyone who sold "metal" guitars" then treated customers like we're criminals by default and are to never be trusted.

.......................then GC came along, opened their store right across the highway, and put the fuckers right out of business. So I am grateful for that.

Comment

Here in San Francisco, GC still has the same crappy management (as ever!), and more of the crappier cheap stock! I honestly don't know how they're keeping up with their rent and payrolls!
                    Last edited by DarkkWarriorr; 10-01-2012, 08:10 PM.
                    -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

My experience with GC in San Francisco has been pretty good. Agreed about the crappy cheap stock, but there's usually some decent second-hand gear and some nice stuff in the closed-off room. I've had an unhurried time trying out some high-end gear there, and one of the salesmen, Sergio is helpful and seems pretty knowledgeable.
                      My other signature says something funny

Comment

Originally posted by Cliff View Post
                        My experience with GC in San Francisco has been pretty good. Agreed about the crappy cheap stock, but there's usually some decent second-hand gear and some nice stuff in the closed-off room. I've had an unhurried time trying out some high-end gear there, and one of the salesmen, Sergio is helpful and seems pretty knowledgeable.
                        Thanks for the heads up about Serigo, I live a few blocks away from GC. I never got much luck with the staff up there, either they're nice but don't know much about their product or inventory, or having a "don't bother me" punk attitude!

Comment

My experience with GC has been that if you show up and look like a middle-aged man with money then, magically, a senior salesman will appear and show you the good stuff. At least that's happened to me several times...

Comment

Originally posted by DarkkWarriorr View Post
                            Here in San Francisco, GC still has the same crappy management (as ever!), and more of the crappier cheap stock! I honestly don't know how they're keeping up with their rent and payrolls!

Cheap stock sells at higher volumes. For every Les Paul or USA Jackson sold, they probably sell 100 Squires and BC Rich starter packs. Sure the profits are lower on the cheaper stock, but if they make $1 off of each low-end guitar and $10 off of each high-end guitar, well do the math.

Comment

Originally posted by Sephiroth View Post
                              Cheap stock sells at higher volumes. For every Les Paul or USA Jackson sold, they probably sell 100 Squires and BC Rich starter packs. Sure the profits are lower on the cheaper stock, but if they make $1 off of each low-end guitar and $10 off of each high-end guitar, well do the math.
                              You don't say? I already know that bud (I worked in retail for more than 15 years), even though your margin of profit here is a little off, and BTW you'll only see USA Jacksons in there if you're about to win the lottery.
                              What I was saying is, GC in SF has never been the place for the guitarists or musicians like us, at least not in the past 17 years or so, it's catered mostly for kids who're just starting out or who wanna look cool in their bedrooms. It's a good place if you wanna pick up accessories, cables or pedals on the go, or if you wanna try something you heard about online or seen it in a magazine ad, but that's about it...

Comment

Working...
                              X