Check this out... Walk Off The Earth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check this out... Walk Off The Earth

Admin: if this is against the rules please delete.
    Not sure where else to post this, and sorry if it's been here before... my wife turned me on to this...not my style really. I never even heard the original until after I saw this. It's FAR better than the original. These guys are incredible! I can't get enough of this song! Check it out, all 5 of them on one guitar!

Hardware: all black, all the time.

love it. I actually liked the original but this is a fantastic version.

just following the links from this version, a whole bunch of covers (of a cover?) and parodies have hit YT.

This one was pretty good

Hail yesterday

Comment

That is funny!

Comment

I seem to recall something about these guys catching Ellen's (from the talk show) attention with this vid and she bought them all guitars, Fender I believe.
        In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Charlz View Post
          That is funny!
          admitted, it is...
          tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

I like the orginal better. But this is cool.
            -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

"illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Ok, not to be "that guy" but other than the novelty, it does absolutely nothing for me.:think:

Comment

What it does for me is that it is refreshing to see real talent and creativity, even if it's not something I'd listen to or watch on a regular basis.

I have a confession. I'm not into ballet, but a year or two ago I took the wife to see a ballet troupe for Valentine's. They did this piece they created based on the life of Mary Shelley (who wrote Frankenstein) and they intertwined story aspects of Frankenstein into it showing the parallels between her novel and her life. They decided to have 3 dancers kind of cavort around together as the Frankenstein creation to kind of capture that the creation was this collection of bodyparts. My description probably does it no justice, but it was the most creative, mesmerizing thing. It made me want to go home, really hone my craft on the guitar, and create something awesome. These surprising moments are fun and inspiring, and I admire what Walk Off The Earth is doing here.

Comment

I agree the novelty of the 5 of them on the guitar is definitely the eye catching thing, but I would love it even if they were all on separate guitars... I think the acoustic guitar-ness of it sounds WAY better than the original... 'electronic noise' version. All the beeps and computer generated 'music'... I'd hate the song and never give it a second listen if I'd never heard this version. I get it, but not my thing.
                    I also agree with joshulator, it's the creativity thing that's inspiring. To take something very 'average' sounding (in my opinion) and change it into something better. If you check on youtube they've done some other covers that are pretty cool as well.

Just my opinion though.

Comment

I also enjoyed their voices. They are good singers. I thought the first guy sounded like Sting. The second guy's voice grabbed my attention right away and the girl's voice is almost haunting. IMHO.

To be honest, after watching their other videos, the loops and playing the instruments in non-conventional fashion got old. However, I enjoyed them all I think because of their singing. idk. Maybe it's something else. But they make me feel like I should be accomplishing something with my guitar and I'm just wasting whatever talent I've been blessed with.

Another moment I've had like this was when I watched my first ROH Wrestling PPV right before they had their run on HDNet. I think Bryan Danielson was the champion. These guys were talented, and hungry. They worked their butts off. I thought the fans throwing streamers somehow made it special too.

Comment

Super talented IMO.

Love the girl...voice and looks.
                        My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Yeah...too bad the forum doesn't have a minimum IQ.

Comment

91 million hits on youtube ..... must be doing something that appeals to a wide variety of people.
                          Would to see it done live, the parody was funny as hell as well.
                          “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

its been cool watching this video make the rounds, i saw it the first time about 3-4 months ago and its been on 5 different forums none of which have anything to do with the other.
                            Haters gonna hate
                            Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Working...
                            X