Donny's (drsracing) 5150 Stolen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donny's (drsracing) 5150 Stolen

Hey guys, I know I haven't been around for a long time, but I know that a ton of you who knew Donny are still around - I just wanted to give you all a heads up that his 5150 was stolen last week when my mom's house was robbed.

I'd appreciate if anyone might be able to keep an eye out for it being sold anywhere, since it is pretty clearly identifiable (right?!) -- I looked through some of his old posts from back then and only found that it was a 5150 HFT (is that a specific identifiable feature/model? any more info like year, etc that anyone might be able to provide on it?) I've got a saved Craigslist search, but, who knows. :\

Of course this was the one thing that we're pretty upset about being stolen - the rest was all just electronics and easily replaceable, but you can't get back "his" guitar, even if we were to find another Kramer 5150... just not the same!

If anyone has any more info on the model or what its worth etc, that'd be helpful too, since mom & I aren't exactly "guitar people" we only knew so much about it! She has to give a report to the insurance peeps tomorrow, of course. Argh. Such a nightmare!

Thanks again, everyone!

Just realized a pic might help identify more about the guitar for the newer members who could potentially help with info on it (or just for a reminder of what it was for those who *did* know him).

From what I can find, it was a Kramer Hot For Teacher?

Comment

That sucks. Hopefully the crackhead who stole it will overdose, or get killed in the purchase, and the guitar gets back home safe.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Sorry to hear. I hope it's recovered soon.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Lori - good to hear from you - sorry it's under these circumstances. I'm sure folks will keep their eyes on the lookout. I hope things are going well for you and your mom otherwise.

- Tim
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Thanks as always, Tim. In better news, Dad got married and Mom bought a new house! Everything was stolen from pre-packed up boxes from the old house, the day before moving. These guys definitely had it scoped out and ready to pounce the second they left the house.

Just hoping now that we manage to recover the guitar, everything else is replaceable, though frustrating to have stolen - laptop, wii, tv's, etc. Just want the dang guitar back!

Comment

You should let George know - I don't think he comes here much anymore. I'll try and get hold of him too.

- Newc

Comment

where are you located and where was the guitar stolen from?
                GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
                  where are you located and where was the guitar stolen from?
                  They're in Seattle.

- Newc

Comment

string the guilty up by their thumbs in the hot sun for days until they've been eaten away by the buzzards.
                    my deepest of condolences on a piece that represents an old friend of ours.
                    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

That sucks. Beautiful guitar. Put the word out to all of the pawn and guitar shops, that's a unique piece andwill be easy to spot.

Comment

People are scum. So sorry this keepsake was stolen...hopefully you're able to recover it quickly.

Comment

Sorry to hear this, Lori. That is a pretty distinctive guitar though, so it should be easy to spot if it turns up in a pawnshop. I'd check Craigslist and Ebay as well. My prayers for a quick recovery and justice for the lowlife slimy thieves!
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Make sure you contact all the local pawn shops within around a 50 mile radius because thats where its most likely going to go. You could also try the local Guitar Center.

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy View Post
                              string the guilty up by their thumbs in the hot sun for days until they've been eaten away by the buzzards.
                              my deepest of condolences on a piece that represents an old friend of ours.
                              Disagree Tommy - the parts I'd hang them from, the thumbs would be pointing down.. balls I say,,, balls!
                              Hope you catch the fkers.. if not - at least I hope the guitar gets recovered

Comment

Working...
                              X