Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Re-Introduction.

Hello everyone.

It's been a very long time since I've posted, (about 5-6 years) not even sure how many here even remember me.
    My name's Michael and I'm from Toronto, Canada.

I've been a guitar player for about 25 years. I like most styles of music,(including Dance, yes, that's right, I play keys as well, and enjoy electronica and trance.)
    As far as guitars go, primarily a Blues, Rock, Hard Rock/Power Metal kind of guy, from Jeff Beck or Frank Marino, to Gamma Ray/Stratovarious...

Oh, and EDGUY are awesome

I've dropped off the board, and guitar playing due to a work injury that caused me to loose my left thumb.
    It was re-attached, however nerve damage and a fused knuckle, combined with a cast that left even the fingers in my fretting hand weak.

In short, I lost a lot of technical ability in my playing, and have been slowly building it back up.
    I have lost a lot of the speed and dexterity I once had, but I am slogging back up the hill, re-learning what I need to.

For awhile, I was quite depressed and completely gave up on guitar/keyboard, however I've been called back, and over the last two years I've been slowly re-building my collection. (Especially the Jacksons)

For those who want to know, I'm 40(ish), own about 4 Jacksons, 2 Charvels right now, My favorites are a Model 2 I bought new in '87, and a Soloist Pro I got in '90, although both guitars have seen better days, they are still awesome players.
    I also have some others, a couple of LP copies, LTD GL-200MT 2 Deans, A Peavey V-type Ltd and a 86 Baretta. (original owner) I plan on wasting plenty of bandwidth talking about them in the future.
    I have a MIJ Charvel So-Cal, that is going through some interesting mods, and will post on that when it's ready.

For amps I'm running lower-end stuff, a Bugera 6260/Randall RT-503 into a Marshall MA 412 Cab with WGS speakers. (Veteran 30's/ET65's in an X-pattern). Cheap, I know, but they sound good to me.
    I plan on adding a H&K SwitchBlade in the very near future, and am saving for a Marshall JVM410.

Looking forward to many more posts ahead!
    Cheers.
    Last edited by 2Loud2Old; 02-29-2012, 05:17 AM.

Sorry to hear about your injury, but am glad to hear that you are making a comeback!
    Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Hey man, welcome back!
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Glad you're back!!

Comment

Welcome back and its great to hear you're working at regaining your guitar/keyboard dexterity. Sorry to hear about your hand.
          Rudy
          www.metalinc.net

Comment

really tough injury, man. Good on you for climbing back on the horse. Welcome back!
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
            X