will homeowners insurance cover amps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will homeowners insurance cover amps?

well, while i was out today apparently we had a pretty bad storm, and the window where my amp sits got busted out by hail and rain got into it. also one of my kellys got soaked to the tits. fuck. i just got home, and cant call till morning. if they dont, man im gonna be beyond fucking pissed. this wild weather is about to piss me off
    Let me tell you about a porcupine's balls.... They're small, and they don't give a shit!

I blame Al Gore. Sorry to hear about your gear. I hope they would cover it just like any personal belongings.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

well im LIVID. really have no reason to be mad, or no one to be mad at, cuz I dont wanna blame God for something this insignificant. But, im not gonna dare turn it on to see if it works. electricity scares the hell outta me.
      Let me tell you about a porcupine's balls.... They're small, and they don't give a shit!

Comment

Yeah I'd unplug it and maybe run some warm air from a blow dryer through it to help dry it up. As long as the parts don't receive power while it's off then nothing should have shorted out. A couple days in a warm place with air movement should dry it up.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Ahh FUCK i cant win!!! i think im gonna cry. a 27 year old grown man. i just snapped the headstock on my ibanez ex350. how the hell can this get any worse? ill NEVER find a replacement neck for that thing. hope an rg neck fits

Comment

I had a water pipe break in my basement. my homeowners picked up my music stuff that got ruined in addition to carpeting, etc.... I would say there is good chance they will cover it given the circumstances.... I mean if hail busted your window, its not like you forgot it outside and left it out in the rain.
            "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

You need to compare the amount of stuff that got damaged vs. the amount of the deductable. If you have a large deductable it may not be worth going through the insurance company.

Comment

=1 to DonP

My homeowners covered it when: After playing out, I had a 4x12, Marshall head and a kelly in my truck parked at the bar. I was inside enjoying the evening, when I came out - 2 windows were busted out of my truck and the guitar and head were stolen.
                Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Specific high value items should be declared to the insurance, but under most circumstances 'homeowners' insurance could be better described as 'Contents' insurance. Just watch out for the deductable.

However if it only got wet when it was off then just let it dry out, it should be fine.

Comment

my deductible is pretty low because i chose a high premium, and i called the company theyre even gonna get me a new guitar neck hehe. anybody know if an rg neck will fit an ibanez ex?

Comment

What'd ya tell 'em, a random hailstone came flying in the broken window and beaned that neck?
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

hell no. i was upfront with em and told em it wouldnt have happened if i hadnt had to move the amp. they ok'd it. i got no clue why, but they said it was gonna be written up as storm damage. thats funny as hell though. id bet they woulda bought it. hahaha

Comment

OK, maybe it wasn't God. But his son Jesus, our lord and savior..was sent here to die for our sins, and break your window.

Is this Good Friday? I forgot..I was too busy eatin' Fish N' Peeps.
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

easy killer. your religion=not my business. your choice. my religion= no one else's business. my choice. im not here to get bashed for what i believe. and id appreciate that not happening.

Comment

easy kelly. wind-storm damage = "act of god" per insurance companies. you mentioned god first. your business. no bash.

EDIT: you want dry amp=your choice. i like wet sound=my choice.

good luck
                              Last edited by horns666; 02-25-2012, 06:36 AM. Reason: SOUND ADVICE
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                              X