new metal shredders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Richard W View Post
    You're not getting old, it's just a fact that NOBODY will ever come close to Megadeth.
    Pretty depressing that.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

This might be unpopular on these forums, but I dont understand most new "metal" . I was never into the death, goth, grunge or alternative. To me its not musical. Jake E Lee, Ritchie Blackmore, Randy Rhoads etc, guys like these from the 70's and 80's could play really well but also wrote great melodic rock songs. Thats more my cup of tea. If I want shredding, im more apt to go listen to some Wes Montgomery, Django, or Chris Thile on a mandolin than any of these new metal wankers.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard W View Post
        You're not getting old, it's just an OPINION that NOBODY will ever come close to Megadeth.
        Fixed it for you.

Mustaine wrote some really epic songs back in the day, but there's no way in hell you could put Megadeth at the top of any list, but they'd certainly be on the short list for the genre.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
          Fixed it for you.

Mustaine wrote some really epic songs back in the day, but there's no way in hell you could put Megadeth at the top of any list, but they'd certainly be on the short list for the genre.
          I guess you're right, it's just Megadeth hold a special place in my heart. They got me into metal, and into Jackson as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharkfin View Post
            I don't know much about the genre, but I do like some of the songs I've heard from Periphery. They are a bit strange, they have a song l really like called "Jetpacks was Yes"; the title makes no sense whatsoever but I don't care. The songs rocks IMO.

wtf? I was under the impression they were metal? I've heard some of those guys just doing shit on youtube they seemed like great metal/djent whatever players. That is not what i expected..

Comment

Originally posted by Trem View Post
              wtf? I was under the impression they were metal? I've heard some of those guys just doing shit on youtube they seemed like great metal/djent whatever players. That is not what i expected..
              Same here. I've heard other Periphery songs that were pretty decent. Misha is a great guitar player.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I will say Periphery is very eclectic. That song posted is not very heavy obviously, and really not a great representation of their typical style, nor the be all end all definition for "djent".

I'm extremely open minded as far as music goes. From Gaga to Obituary, and everything in between. So I can give props to those guys for just doing their thing. Not my cup of tea though. I do like Meshuggah however.
                "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Something to say for bulb is that there is a incredible amount of hype around him right now, that all guitar makers (including Jackson) are clamoring to give him guitars. He's amassed a huge collection already. Same with Tosin Abasi. Nothing wrong with that.

The "djenty" band I like best is Tesseract. Periphery is a little too screamo pop to me.
                  2003 Jackson SLATQH Custom (cobalt cabo), 2002 Jackson SLATQM (burnt cherry), 2011 Jackson Chris Broderick Soloist (transblack 7), 2007 SL2H (black)
                  Mesa Road King, Bogner Uberkab, Mesa Lonestar Classic, Kemper Profiling Amp, Eventide H8000

Comment

Originally posted by Animus View Post
                    Something to say for bulb is that there is a incredible amount of hype around him right now, that all guitar makers (including Jackson) are clamoring to give him guitars. He's amassed a huge collection already. Same with Tosin Abasi. Nothing wrong with that.

The "djenty" band I like best is Tesseract. Periphery is a little too screamo pop to me.
                    Have you heard Fellsilent? They are Acle's band before Tesseract, and a bit heavier. They became Tesseract and Monuments when they split.

Also look at Sikth. They are what got me started on the whole thing.

Also, for those of you disliking Jetpacks -- This is the "Icarus EP" version. The album version is a little less poppy, but it's still the most accessible thing on the album. Try to play the breakdown though - It's a lot of fun and a huge mindf*ck considering nothing lands on a downbeat. Listen to Racecar. It'll make you a believer.
                    Last edited by Grim; 02-25-2012, 03:22 PM.
                    I like EL34s.

Comment

Working...
                    X