Van Halen Detroit concert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
    I think I got you all beat. I got VIP seats for VH at the Califfornia World Music Festival in 1979 as guests of Eddie & Alex. Got a limo ride to the Coliseum, too!
    Pfft.

I was nobody in a sea of nobodies at US Festival '83. I got to see VH noodle around for an hour waiting for DLR to come out so drunk he was tripping over himself on stage and forgot the lyrics to half the songs.

Beat that.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Aren't they playing with KC and the Sunshine band or some goofy shit like that? What is up with that?
      "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
        Pfft.

I was nobody in a sea of nobodies at US Festival '83. I got to see VH noodle around for an hour waiting for DLR to come out so drunk he was tripping over himself on stage and forgot the lyrics to half the songs.

Beat that.
        He wasnt drunk, that was vintage Dave.

Comment

Kool and the Gang opened for them. We decided to skip that part of the show. Actually can you think of two bands that are more of a 180* change in music? I would have thought a dude from deliverance with a banjo would have fit better....who ever paired these two up for a tour needs a swift kick in the BALLS

Comment

What was the deal with Dave showing video footage of his dogs?

Comment

Originally posted by clifffclaven View Post
              i saw that (monsters of rock) in dallas.. our tickets were 38$ i believe, and we drove down from des moines and stayed with my friends brother. Outside concert at the cotton bowl stadium, and it was prob 120 degrees on the field. Sammys voice went out and he promised to come back and do a free show- which they did in downtown dallas the next year, surprisingly.
              I was at that show too Cliff, living in Dallas at the time..........and left work early for the subsequent free downtown outdoor chaos when VH drove in and performed in the street. I still watch those clips on youtube once in awhile. Just a wild experience.
              Jackson KV2
              Jackson KE1T
              Jackson KE1F
              Jackson SL1

Comment

Originally posted by bratfink View Post
                What was the deal with Dave showing video footage of his dogs?
                Better to see footage of his dogs than his bare ass in chaps.
                Jackson KV2
                Jackson KE1T
                Jackson KE1F
                Jackson SL1

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
                  He wasnt drunk, that was vintage Dave.

You win!

hahaha
                  The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                    I think I got you all beat. I got VIP seats for VH at the Califfornia World Music Festival in 1979 as guests of Eddie & Alex. Got a limo ride to the Coliseum, too!
                    Oh yeah? Well on the Fair Warning tour Dave fucked my girlfriend! Top THAT!!
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
                      Oh yeah? Well on the Fair Warning tour Dave fucked my girlfriend! Top THAT!!
                      How soon until you ate her out afterwards?
                      Jackson KV2
                      Jackson KE1T
                      Jackson KE1F
                      Jackson SL1

Comment

Much better than I thought it would be. Anyone seen a live clip of Stay Frosty? I'm like 3 measures from completing the tab.
                        Just a guitar player...

Comment

Working...
                        X