No announcement yet.

New coyote deterrent ( gun )tool day!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New coyote deterrent ( gun )tool day!!

Was looking for an AR series rifle and realized there was a shitload of manufacturers out there and different variants. Colt, DPM, S&W, etc. I have heard and read many different places to steer clear of Bushmaster due to quality issues. I stopped into big stores and little ones looking at prices. I found a local guy that I was acquaintance with from bowling league. I told him what I was looking for and didn't want to exceed $2k.

Surprisingly, he handed me a Windham Weaponry AR. He proceeds to tell me that this is the former Bushmaster owner.....which was a turn off at first. He said he got new investors and their goal was really focused on building quality weapons. They bought new machines and tooling. He stripped it gown next to a Colt. The machine work was right on par. Furthermore, he shoots competition and has left his other AR for the Windham. He grabbed his competition AR and we head out back. I was impressed to say the least. Obviously, his has been modded. He told me he can make mine identical to his if I wanted. He sold me the rifle, out the door for $800. The pieces he had to duplicate his gun will be delivered in a week or so.... Of course that will cost a little extra.....not much though and a helluva lot less than the $2k
    I was allowing myself.

I take it home, clean it up and dumped about 30 rounds through it. This has got to be the blackest gun I have ever seen. Seriously, if this gun was anymore black, it would suck light in. I dont know what process they use to dye the guns ,but, shit..... This is black!!! Plus they have a lifetime transferable warranty!!-Lou

Last edited by LouSiffer; 02-19-2012, 10:13 AM.
    " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Sup?

Sweet

I was actually looking to buy an AR type rifle and poking around and researching a little bit on them before my job took a dump. I'd like to know your thoughts on this model after you put a few through it.

if this gun was anymore black, it would suck light in.

MOSHON
    DAVE
    "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

By coyote do you mean 40+ aged female relatives?
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Noooooo.... I want those creatures to stay.-Lou
        " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Who said Bushmasters were no good, and why?

Comment

Thats a sweet looking AR LouSiffer
            congrats!!!

Comment

the question is... how much more black could it be??
              "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Ok, just got a little educated with a phone call to a buddy.Seems new Bushmasters have had issues. Windham are the old boys from Bushmaster.It's actually named after the place where the original Bushmasters were made, Windham, Maine. That being said, I have a post ban AR15- A2 HBAR, marked Windham,ME. I bought it in the late 90's on the recommendation back then from the guy I called who is a NRA High Master card holder (High power rifle competition).He used Bushmasters exclusively. But I now found out he just builds his own and then got called an out of touch dumbass. Back then Bushmaster had the government contract. Mine actually came with a US Army manual. I put alot of rounds through it. It has functioned flawlessly and is just a tack driving machine, All I did was put on a two stage trigger. I'd say what you have there is primo!!
                Last edited by axmann; 02-19-2012, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I can't wait for all the goodies to get put on/done to it. If I can get it to hold a 2" pattern at 100-125 yards I will be happy with it. When I was a deputy, I was one of two snipers. I still have that rifle. It's a heavy barrel 7mm Remington Ultra Mag. Clover leafing shots up to the 200 yard range with match grade ammo is almost as easy as blinking.

I will say when you walk into a shop and see all the AR's, you will notice these are much more black than the rest. They must have developed a new blacking process. I wasn't clear enough about the Bushmasters. It is the late ones people are having issues with. Windham is the old original builders from Bushmaster. -Lou

Comment

No Lou, I was out of circulation on current AR platform rifles. Now I know. I thought you guys used .338 Lapua Mags for sniping? Is it personal preference or a particular departments requirement?

Comment

Personal preference for me. Alot of guys talk knockdown power with bigger rounds at 250+ yards... And I do not dispute that logic. However, most shots are not going to that far realistically. In one of my classes, they showed a statistic that 99.3% of sniper shots in a Law Enforcement were 100 yards or less. And a stupid high number of those were 75 yards or less.

The biggest reason I chose the 7mm is because it shoots flat as far as bullet flight goes. It doesn't rise as much as many of the other preferred rounds do. It is one more equation that is simplified to make my job easier. I played with other rounds: .22-250, .338, 30-06, .243, .270 and a couple others. The 7mm won hands down to me. In an indoor range they all shot great. Some may have shot a bit better or it may have just been me. Outdoor with the climate and wind change was a different story. The 7mm was not affected as much as the other rounds. Also, the 7mm area of impact had less variance when shooting a target at 100 yards up to 200 yards. Yes, there was a difference obviously, but, not as drastic as the other rounds. Again, i fell this is due to the flatness of trajectory. Surprisingly, the next best round in this scenario was the .22-250.

There are other sniper guys much better than I that can probably give you reasons to use something other than the 7mm , but, I bought the gun because it fit a scenario that I would more than likely be in and not buying a gun because it may have more velocity much further than I would ever need to shoot. I also bought it based on the fact the round fit my shooting style. I didn't have to change my elevation as much as other rounds.-Lou

Comment

Thanks Lou. Great perspective.

Comment

I see how it is:

You can post pictures of an AR, but where are the pics of the MIL and Aunt????

Huh, huh???

Comment

I cant do pics of the MIL or aunt.....but, I can post pics of my wang if you want? Or maybe my wang anally penetrating a Peep.-Lou

Comment

I live without that.

Comment

Working...
                              X