Completed - Raven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Completed - Raven

Finished this Raven up the other day. If any of you are going to Summer NAMM, it'll be at the Boutique Guitar Showcase.

Black limba body and neck, angel step maple top, Richlite fretboard (experiment guitar), stainless frets, etc.

Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Incredible!
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Damn that is sweet!

Comment

Hail yesterday

Comment

Oh well F*** me...

Comment

Hey, Sully, what do you think of the Richlite board?

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              Hey, Sully, what do you think of the Richlite board?
              I've got another guitar in process with a richlite board, and I have no issues with it. I think that it's a great option for those who are unbending in their desire for a truly black board. Martin and Gibson have used it and suffered a backlash, because their buying public doesn't allow them to innovate to other materials, but you have a company like Aristedes who uses it as their default fretboard material, and it's all good.

There are a couple of things that you do differently because of the material, but I'd use it again, happily.

Sully
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Cool. I actually went to the Martin factory last week and was checking a few guitars out, and apparently at least one I played had Richlite. I got a catalog, was reading through it later, and realized the one new Mexican model I briefly played and really liked was Richlite.
                I didn't really think much of the fingerboard wood while playing it, but it was pretty nice.

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
                  I've got another guitar in process with a richlite board, and I have no issues with it. I think that it's a great option for those who are unbending in their desire for a truly black board. Martin and Gibson have used it and suffered a backlash, because their buying public doesn't allow them to innovate to other materials, but you have a company like Aristedes who uses it as their default fretboard material, and it's all good.

There are a couple of things that you do differently because of the material, but I'd use it again, happily.

Sully
                  I know you use stainless frets so less of an issue but how do you think richlite would handle refrets?
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                  X