NAMM 2011 Jackson Pics - The First Ever Jackson 8 String Guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAMM 2011 Jackson Pics - The First Ever Jackson 8 String Guitar

This is a killer. It is Jackson's first ever 8 String Guitar. It is built by Master Builder Pablo Santana. Here he is with his monster of a creation. Hand built baby!!! It has alder body with a quarter sawn maple center blank. It also has a new design feature that Pablo came up with called the Jackson Asymetrical Neck/ Offset Trussrod. Basically the neck profile is fatter near the lower strings and gradually tapers as it gets to the high E string. The Trussrod is also offset and runs through the thicker portion of the neck. It is awesome. This is going for $4200. It is a piece of Jackson History....the very first Jackson 8 String Guitar.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8228.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	2449883Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8235.jpg
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	2449882Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8233.jpg
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	2449881Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8231.jpg
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	2449880Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8229.jpg
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	2449879Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8234.jpg
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	2449878Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8232.jpg
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	2449884Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8230.jpg
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	2449885
    "I may be drunk, but in the morning I'll be sober but you will still be ugly." Winston Churchill[B][SIZE=3][COLOR=Red]

That thing looks pretty killer! That longer pointy headstock looks sick. If you ask me it's about time Jackson upped their game; other builders like ESP have been doing this shit for years. I believe the asymmetrical neck profile was first featured on a matte black War Kelly at last year's NAMM. Still looking for some decent pics of that one.
    It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
    ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Wow! Killer 8-string. Also, looks like Pablo lost some weight. Or it could be the flashy disco shirt. ahaha!

Comment

Love it!!!

Wow, whats up with that bridge? Ive never seen one like that before!

Comment

It is pretty killer. The bridge is a Hipshot 8 String Bridge.
          "I may be drunk, but in the morning I'll be sober but you will still be ugly." Winston Churchill[B][SIZE=3][COLOR=Red]

Comment

I'd really like to see video of somebody playing it (well)
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Now THAT 8 string headstock is spot on Tis exactly how it should be on the 8 string Warrior.

Originally posted by CMCgtrs View Post
              This is a killer. It is Jackson's first ever 8 String Guitar. It is built by Master Builder Pablo Santana. Here he is with his monster of a creation. Hand built baby!!! It has alder body with a quarter sawn maple center blank. It also has a new design feature that Pablo came up with called the Jackson Asymetrical Neck/ Offset Trussrod. Basically the neck profile is fatter near the lower strings and gradually tapers as it gets to the high E string. The Trussrod is also offset and runs through the thicker portion of the neck. It is awesome. This is going for $4200. It is a piece of Jackson History....the very first Jackson 8 String Guitar.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1650[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1649[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1648[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1647[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1646[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1645[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1652[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1653[/ATTACH]
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
              X