RR1 and the emg 18v mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR1 and the emg 18v mod

Has anyone here ever done an 18v mod on an rr1? If so where is there room to stash 2 batteries?

Not exactly answering the question here, but I have '89 front loaded 22fret RR that has pretty same control cavity conf than RR1. And it has SD livewires that require two 9volt batteries. Long story short; they fit ok in control cavity, along with toggle switch and three pots. No problem there.

Comment

when adding emgs to any RR model am i going to need extra wire? i ask this because of were the input jack is located

Comment

It's an output jack, not an input.

And you will need extra wire for the stereo jack you'll also need for EMGs to activate the batteries when the cord is plugged in.

It shouldn't be too hard to run a length of wire through the channel to the control cavity.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
          It's an output jack, not an input.
          Is it an "output" jack? Electricity is like a circuit - a continuous loop, right. In and out. So would it just be a "jack?" The speaker is the output - because at that time, electricity is converted into sound.

I don't know - I'm in vacation mode, so my brain is shut off for two weeks.
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

I'm currently sitting next to an RR1 with 18 volt mod, no shit!!!!
            I bought it from a forum member and he only had it wired to 1 volume and 1 tone, that allows plenty of room for the batteries. I am planning on getting around to installing a SPC on it(then it may get a little tight
            Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
              I'm currently sitting next to an RR1 with 18 volt mod, no shit!!!!
              I bought it from a forum member and he only had it wired to 1 volume and 1 tone, that allows plenty of room for the batteries. I am planning on getting around to installing a SPC on it(then it may get a little tight
              where did you put the battery at?

Comment

the control cavity, maybe I'm not understanding you're question?
                Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

where the batteryies are stored since you dont have a place built in to the guitar to put it. you just put it under the scratch plate

Comment

This will be harder to explain, so here is pic. First pic will show how there is small pad of foam thingy between the plate/pots and batteries. Second one shows how they're stored therey. And like this, the foam keeps it just enoughly tight that the batteries do not move absolutely at all. Hope this clears it.

The guitar in question is 1989 RR2288, but I would imagine that front control cavity layout is same in newer ones?

Comment

Working...
                    X