Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dweezil Green neck profile...

Hey Guys,

I'm the current owner of RevHd Dweezil #8. I love the neck on this sucker. Wanted to get one made by Musikraft. Problem is, the build sheet says the neck profile is "special". Does anyone know the exact measurements?

thanks
    Pete

Get a set of calipers and measure from the top of the board to the bottom radius (strings off) Measure between the first fret and 2nd and at the 11th-12th fret. Take a gob of Play Dough or soft molding clay and put it of a clean flat surface. Press the neck down in the dough until it reaches the top of the fretboard on both sides. Do this again at the 12th. With a set of radius gages you can get a general idea what the back shape is. You can also use a piece of poster stock, cut so you can trace the radius on to the card stock.
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I owned Dweezil #9 till about a year ago and from what I remember the neck profile was close to my San Dimas pointy. I would say that it is a thin D. If you are looking for a strat head I may have just what you are looking for. Let me know if I can help.

BTW Mark, I have the main routs done for for your alder greenie. I still have the claw rout and contours to do but it should be ready to ship next week

Comment

I'm not good at telling a C from a D profile, but I'm sure Denny's right. Mine is .750" at the 3rd & .810" at the 12th, which is the same as the thin D specs on the Musikraft order form. I think they measure at 1st & 12th, but it should still be really close. Fretboards on these are compound 12" - 16".

Comment

Super duper guys!
          Thanks for the input.
          Slash, PM being sent shortly.

Comment

Working...
          X