Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Warrior WRMG 3-way blade switch

Hi,

i need some information on the blade switch Jackson used for their WRMG Warrior.

I bought this guitar some years ago and didn't use it because of its crappy EMG-HZ-Pickups. I sold those pus on ebay and the guitar was unused for about two years. Yesterday I bought two EMG81s as a replacement.

MY problem now is that I don't know, where to solder the volume and the hot outputs of the EMGs to. That switch is not build like other baldeswitches, the "solderingpoints are in one line, not four each side.

Can anybody help and tell me where to solder the EMG and vol pot ?

Cheers
    Stefan

Check the wiring diagrams on emg's website. Also be sure to use the pots supplied with the pickups, i.e. the 25k ones.

Oh, and welcome!

edit: another kill?
    Last edited by levantin; 02-07-2008, 04:53 PM.
    I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

I already visited the EMG site and many other sites , SD, DiMarzio and so on.

All their diagrams with bladeswitches show a badeswitch with four soldering points each side. The one used in the WRMG hast all eight ones in one row and i don't know which one is the first or last and where the hot outputs shall be soldered to

What do you mean with "another kill"?

and thanks for the nice welcome

Comment

The wrmg should be a three way toggle, in that case you need to see diagram 3 here:

http://www.emgpickups.com/downloads/...g-Diagrams.pdf

If you have a 3 way blade (which is highly unlikely) you need diagram 4, which shows a three way blade with 8 solder points.

If you're unsure what you're doing, I'd say take it to a tech or seek help from someone who does know their way around pickups.

Oh, and by kill I mean threadkill!

edit: sorry, the older ones did have a blade rather than a toggle. You need diagram 4 in the link!
        I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Hi,

the prob with the switches is exactly my prob. In all EMG-diagrams you see the blades with 4 soldering points each side, 4 left and four on the right side.

This damn thing from my warrior has them all on one side, all eight in one row and not numbered.

I think i'll post a pic of it later. I already tried to solder that crap to several soldering points so that it looks approximately like the schematics, but it doesnt work. Ill try it again this weekend and if it dosent work ill throw that crap away

Comment

I know its not the greatest picture....and please excuse my shitty art skills

anyways, here is a pic of the 3 way blade on my WRMG. now, i dont have EMG's..but i would think it would be similar. But on mine, i have 2 and 3, 4 and 5, and 6 and 7 soldered together. Then from 2 and 3 i have a wire going to the middle solder point for the volume pot to the neck pickup. From 6 and 7 a wire going to the middle solder point for the volume to the bridge pickup. For 4 and 5, i have a wire soldered to the outer solder point on the tone pot.

Sorry if this seems confusing...because after I typed it, it seemed kinda confusing to me

Comment

Thanks man, I owe you one.

It works now and I can play that old pile of wood again!

But since I soldered the switch nearly 20 times, I will buy a new one next week.
              Thanks for your help.

Comment

at least now you will know where to solder the new one

Comment

Working...
                X