T = ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T = ?

Another ignorant but unsearchable question...

OK I'm sure this has been discussed but I can't find the thread with the answers....why does Jackson put a "T" on the end of all the hardtail model numbers? Here are the suffixes I would use for a hardtail guitar:

HT : hardtail
    NT: no tremolo
    FB: fixed bridge

But "T"?!? Comments?

On a wildly unrelated note, fixed bridge guitars frickin rule.

T used to mean the guitar had a trem system at one time (like the Performer series Rhoads PS3T), but now it's for the Tunomatic bridge (like the RR1T).
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Maybe Tail piece? nvm... Tuneomatic bridge!

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        T used to mean the guitar had a trem system at one time (like the Performer series Rhoads PS3T), but now it's for the Tunomatic bridge (like the RR1T).
        Tune-o-matic....crap that's it, so simple...thanks!

Comment

No problem. Though, why they changed the T designation from trem to TOM is beyond me. Seems they can't make up their minds. LOL The old PS3 Rhoads had a TOM, but nowadays they'd call it a PS3T even though that model had the trem (same as the Kelly with the trem of that Performer series was a PS6T). I think drugs were going on in the Jackson factory. :ROTF:
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Actually HQ was responsible for the naming convention - folks like Kevin Easton.

I can see changing T from Trem to Tuneomatic - since it's a vibrato unit, not tremolo.

Not to mention the 3 different types of trems - antiquated (Fender), double-locking (Floydish), and completely stupid (single-locking with behind-the-nut locks, or ball-cupping with behind-the-nut locks)
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
              ball-cupping with behind-the-nut locks
              That just sounds like some kind of sex toy. :ROTF:
              Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                (same as the Kelly with the trem of that Performer series was a PS6T).
                so those weren't PS67s?
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Jack The Riffer View Post
                  Well, Kahlers are ghey
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jack The Riffer View Post
                    Ugh....can I block a thread that I started?!? :ROTF::ROTF:

Comment

Working...
                    X